The Sr. Trade Compliance Specialist will join a team of trade compliance professionals responsible for GLOBAL FOUNDRIES Trade Compliance Program, which is part of the Legal Department. The Specialist will help define and execute procedures related to export and import compliance regimes in the United States and internationally. In this position, you will be responsible for managing export licensing of products and technical data; accomplishing all customer or transaction screenings such as restricted party list reviews; managing export/import compliance awareness training; handling foreign national screening and licensing (deemed exports); classification of products and technical data under appropriate EAR ECCNs and Harmonized System codes; maintaining compliance procedures; conducting internal audits to ensure compliance with US and applicable global regulations; and completing any other activity required to progress the trade compliance function within GLOBAL FOUNDRIES .
· Assist in developing and executing GLOBAL FOUNDRIES' Global Trade Compliance Program with a global team based in the United States, Germany and Singapore.
· Assist in maintaining a documented Internal Compliance Program in accordance with guidelines of the Bureau of Industry and Security and other relevant agencies.
· Drive the continuous improvement of the Company's trade compliance program, including automating processes and procedures.
· Partner with numerous organizations within the Company including Legal, Logistics, Supply Chain, Sales, IT, Engineering to develop and execute defined procedures.
· Assist in developing and implementing trade compliance audit and training programs.
· Monitor regulatory changes and help revise compliance policies and practices in accordance with changing legal framework and business models.
· Oversee export compliance activities such as EAR and ITAR classification, licensing, denied party screening, export clearance of company's goods and technology, and recordkeeping.
· Provide advice and counsel on trade requirements for major initiatives and special projects.
· Manage, direct, and evaluate the work of designated customs brokers, and audit broker invoices and entry summaries for compliance with CBP regulations.
Education and Experience
· Bachelor's degree required; MBA, J.D. or Engineering degree a plus.
· Relevant experience in export and Customs/import roles.
· Knowledge of, and experience with the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) or equivalent international regimes.
· Experience with encryption, technology transfers, and deemed export programs a plus.
· Prior experience with developing and implementing trade compliance programs in large, global companies a plus.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Excellent analytical, problem-solving, negotiation, and organizational skills.
· High level of integrity and professionalism, including dealing with complex and sensitive matters.
· Willingness to travel both in the U.S. and internationally.
· Experience in Oracle GTM
· Experience with Focused Assessments, Importer Self Assessments, and/or C-TPAT a plus
GLOBAL FOUNDRIES is the world’s first full-service semiconductor foundry with a truly global footprint. Launched in March 2009, the company has quickly achieved scale as the second largest foundry in the world, providing a unique combination of advanced technology and manufacturing to more than 160 customers. With operations in Singapore, Germany and the United States, GLOBAL FOUNDRIES is the only foundry that offers the flexibility and security of manufacturing centers spanning three continents. The company’s three 300mm fabs and five 200mm fabs provide the full range of process technologies from mainstream to the leading edge. This global manufacturing footprint is supported by major facilities for research, development and design enablement located near hubs of semiconductor activity in the United States, Europe and Asia. GLOBAL FOUNDRIES is owned by the Advanced Technology Investment Company (ATIC).
For more information on GLOBAL FOUNDRIES , visit www.globalfoundries.com
GLOBAL FOUNDRIES is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) employer Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran (M/F/D/V).
GLOBALFOUNDRIES - 9 months ago