In 1924 MFS® established the first mutual fund to help make the US stock market more accessible to the average investor. Today, that commitment to investors remains evident in everything about the firm. At MFS® we hire talented individuals and allow them to work together. Office doors are always open, and everyone is on a first-name basis. We believe the best ideas emerge from a culture of collaboration.
Following established procedures, ensures the accuracy and validity of all details of each security transaction executed by a portfolio trader and all other transactions processed in the company's internal accounting system and facilitates timely and accurate communication / notification of trades to the relevant parties.
*Ability to work 11-7 shift on a daily basis.
- Ensures that MFS or MFS' counterparties have satisfied all collateral requirements for the various securities held in a portfolio that require collateral to be posted.
- Performs complex departmental functions with minimal guidance including MBS processing, transfer-in-kind processing and all collateral management functions.
- Works to minimize manual input errors, incorrect loads of data and non-compliance with margin requirements which could lead to trade errors in the investment process or financial loss.
- Monitors available cash and margin requirements for positions held at our Prime Brokerage accounts and facilitates the movement of available cash or collateral between the Prime Broker and our custodian banks as needed.
- Performs certain monitoring controls for derivatives held in our portfolios and escalates issues to the appropriate department as needed in an effort to minimize the operational risk associated with the holding certain derivatives.
- Monitors a variety of data checks to ensure the accuracy of data within the Trading and accounting systems to minimize the risk of using erroneous information during any step of the investment process.
- Serves as backup to Trade Processing Team Leader by reviewing all daily work of Trade Processing staff pertaining to transaction processing in the accounting system, factor processing and collateral management. Ensures departmental procedures are followed and SAS70 standards are being met in an effort to avoid any financial loss relating to each process which could occur if proper review is not conducted.
- Using knowledge and experience, serves as mentor to new employees or junior members of the team.
- Suggests improvements to existing controls/processes.
- Plans, coordinates and implements test plans for process reengineering.
- Escalates issues to Trade Processing Team Leader/IO Manager where necessary.
- Handles special projects and performs additional responsibilities as requested.
- Bachelor's degree with 2-4 years of relevant industry experience preferred
- Intermediate knowledge of financial transaction processing, collateral processing, settlements and derivatives processing.
- Strong knowledge of portfolio / security valuation
- Strong knowledge of all security types including equities, bonds, interest rate swaps, credit default swaps, total return swaps, futures, options, MBS pools, asset-backed securities, bank loans, short-term securities, foreign exchange and TIP securities.
- Strong Microsoft office skills
- Ability to learn and master all inventory, accounting, and trading systems
- Ability to provide exceptional client service to internal and external contacts.
- Superior communication, organization and prioritization skills
- Ability to consistently perform in a time sensitive environment with multiple daily deadlines
- Attention to detail, multi-tasking and problem solving skills are essential
- Experience with Eagle/STAR accounting system preferred but not necessary
MFS Investment Management - 18 months ago
- 30+ days ago
Massachusetts Financial Services (aka MFS Investment Management) offers more than 50 mutual funds, as well as annuities, separately managed...