Engineers - Transportation
Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years. Globally, Atkins is the largest UK-based engineering and design consultancy and one of the world's largest design firm with nearly 18,000 employees worldwide. We have the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
At Atkins, we offer our employees more than just a job; we offer an opportunity to shape the world for generations to come through innovative and sound design. As the official engineer of the 2012 London Olympics, few companies can rival the size and diversity of our projects. Whether it’s the concept for a new skyscraper, the upgrade of a rail network, the modeling of a flood defense system or the improvement of a management process, we plan, design and enable solutions.
Atkins seeks an energetic, highly motivated, detail-oriented, self-starter to join our Orange, CA staff as a Sr. Transportation Structures Engineer. The candidate will be involved on projects related to to the design of a variety of transportation structures including bridges, walls, culverts, etc.
Typical duties and responsibilities of this position are:
- Designs and develops plans and drawings, which may include the development of preliminary layout and/or final drawings.
- Provides engineering services during construction activities by reviewing shop drawings for conformance with specifications; prepares records and progress reports defining construction progress.
- Researches feasibility of alternative design approaches, site conditions, and regulatory agency specifications.
- Participates in quality control checks, maintaining quality standards in all work produced, checking computations, and/or reviewing designs and drawings performed by others.
- Coordinates with other disciplines as required.
- Performs field observations of construction where appropriate.
- Performs such other duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
The appropriately qualified candidate will have the following core competencies and required experience:
B.S. Civil Engineering. M.S. Structural Engineering preferred. Experience of 5+ years with a B.S. Civil Engineering with a focus on Transportation/Structures Design.
Techincal writing, bridge and retaining wall software experience and communication skills are required.
CAD skills preferred.
P.E. license is required.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace.
Atkins - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
Atkins is one of the world's leading engineering, design and project management consultancies. We have the breadth and depth of expertise to...