Requisition #: 53488
Job Title: Sr. UI Software Engineer
Country: United States
Employment Status: Full Time
At Cobalt, we are driven by your success. We engage your unique talents and perspectives. We welcome your ideas on how to do things differently and better. In your efforts to achieve, learn and grow, we support you all the way. If success motivates you, you belong at Cobalt. We are the largest digital advertising platform provider for automotive industry and is transforming $8 Billion dollars in advertising spending from traditional offline media to online advertising.
We have an opening for a highly motivated, skilled, and experienced Web Developer. We're looking for someone who can provide technical leadership, direction, and design expertise to our development team. You will work closely with other team members on technical issues and complex problems; take ownership of application development and design; and participate in analysis of client needs. You will frequently extend our core platform and will develop new features that become candidates for our core applications in the future.
In this role, you'll have the opportunity to influence services and applications for major automotive manufacturers and create tools and features used by over a million unique web visitors each day. You'll work in small agile teams to rapidly prototype and deploy new software features to fulfill our customers' requests.
This job requires strong communication skills (interpersonal, written and spoken), a compulsive respect for deadlines, creative imagination, serious technical chops, and an ability to roll with and contribute to a disciplined-but-entrepreneurial work environment. If this sounds like you, read on.
- Implement high-quality code in an agile, test-driven development environment.
- Work with representatives from a variety of Cobalt departments, clients, and third party vendors to define/refine project requirements.
- Scope development effort, and provide reliable estimates.
- Perform performance and scalability analysis as needed.
- Create technical designs for application features and associated documentation.
- Actively work to improve quality and efficiency by evaluating standards and suggesting improvements.
- Participate in departmental process improvement initiatives.
(Experience, Skills, Academic)
- Proficient with web-related templating technologies.
- Proficient in writing semantic SEO friendly markup.
- Solid experience in writing cross-browser compatible front-end code.
- Experience with webpage loading performance techniques.
- Experience with integrating UI code with server side platforms.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and agile development environment.
- Ability to technically document software deliverables through use cases, design documents and technical specifications.
- Motivated to drive tasks to completion and take ownership of projects.
- Must have a strong ability to understand existing codebase by efficient debugging, code analysis, and by asking the right questions.
- Experience with HTML5/CSS3.
- Experience with test-driven development in an agile software environment.
- Experience working with clients in a professional services organization.
- Experience translating design mockups and prototypes into working application designs.
- Have developed or supported an operationally critical web service.
- Demonstrated passion for user experience design and improving usability.
- Demonstrated passion about technology, have a strong interest in learning about and playing with the latest technologies.
At Cobalt, an ADP company, we are the leading provider of digital marketing solutions to automotive manufacturers and dealers in North America. ADP is recognized as an innovation leader, and is on the Forbes list of the top 100 Most Innovative Companies in the World and 100 Best Places to Work in Information Technology (IT). We offer innovative integrated computing solutions to over 27,000 auto, truck, motorcycle, marine, recreational vehicle and heavy equipment dealers in nearly 90 countries worldwide.
Technology at ADP: It's the foundation of the products and services that have made us a world-wide leader in workforce solutions. With us, you combine your technical skills with business acumen, to effectively consult as well as solve technical challenges. You have the opportunity to train on leading-edge technologies that continually redefine what's possible in our industry.
About ADP : We power organizations with insightful solutions that drive business success. Consistently named one of the "Most Admired Companies" by FORTUNE® Magazine, and recognized by Forbes® as one of "The World's Most Innovative Companies," ADP has over a half-million clients around the globe and 60+ years of experience as a world-wide leader of business outsourcing solutions.
ADP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer; M/F/D/V. ADP believes that diversity leads to strength.
All Locations: United States, Seattle, WA
Job Category: Technology
Area of Interest: Engineering
Automatic Data Processing, Inc. (ADP) is engaged in providing business outsourcing solutions. ADP offers a range of human resource (HR),...