WOOD Consulting Services, Inc. is a dynamic and growing small business offering challenging opportunities to well qualified candidates. Since 1997, WOOD has brought innovative solutions to federal and state government clients in support of mission-critical requirements as a prime contractor and as a subcontractor. Today, we are a leading provider of transformation services with special emphasis on interoperability challenges faced by clients such as the Department of Defense, the Federal Aviation Administration, the Department of the Treasury, the State of Maryland, and Howard County Government.
WOOD has a benefit package that ranks within the top 5% of local businesses. We invite you to visit our website at www.woodcons.com to learn more and to submit your resume. We look forward to speaking with you.
WOOD is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; all qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Candidate will provide administrator support to UNIX-based systems for a government customer. Duties will include:
- Engineering of product-related solutions for various project and operational needs
- Install new/rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements
- Install and configure systems specific support tools; knowledge of VMware principles a plus
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures
Requires Top Secret/SCI clearance with full-scope polygraph
Education: In all cases, a degree may be substituted for an amount of work experience as shown below. Equivalencies are at the sole discretion of the Government.
- Associates degree may be substituted for 1 years of work experience
- Bachelor’s degree may be substituted for 2 years of work experience
- Master’s degree may be substituted for 3 years of work experience
- Minimum of twelve (12) years of experience in System/network administration:
- Performing system requirement analyses and specifications, and modeling and trade-off studies
- Reviewing and analyzing complex task statements, standards, specification and other documentation to determine system administration requirements
- Developing test plans and determining appropriate test criteria and procedures; and planning and conducting work requiring judgment in the independent evaluation, selection and adaptation and modification of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria
- Within the last nine (9) years, a minimum of five (5) years experience with UNIX workstation and server operating systems
- Master’s degree or equivalent from an accredited four-year college or university is desired
- SCSA or SCOACE or SCO Master ACE certification or RHCSA (or ability to obtain within 6 months after hired)
Wood Consulting - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard