Position: Senior Designer
Location: Seattle, WA
About the User Experience Design Team
Over the past 6 years, HTC's Global UX Design team has created the vision for HTC Sense, HTC's branded, cross-platform user experience. During that time, HTC has transformed from a device manufacturer into a global consumer brand. The UX design team provides design strategy for all of HTC, and collaborates directly with product teams in Taipei to bring new designs to market. We are a smallteam with the feel of a startup and the backing of a company with over $15 billion in annual sales.
Our process relies on the collaboration of exceptionally talented individuals within an integrated cross-disciplinary teams to create products that offer functional benefits and emotional resonance to our target audiences.
What you get to do everyday:
- Participate in user and market research to understand the needs and desires of our target audience
- Develop scenarios and storyboards to communicate design concepts to team members, product groups, and executives
- Synthesize external design input and feature requests
- Design, build, and test interactive prototypes to iterate and evolve your design concepts
- Deliver detailed information architecture, interaction and visual design specifications to product teams
- Investigate, kick off, and evangelize design initiatives based on design research
- Present and evangelize design concepts to internal and executive teams
- Accurately judge level of effort for individual/team design contributions
- Manage design process, project schedule, and relationships with HTC's engineering and marketing groups in Taipei
- Track design related issues
- Contribute to an evolving design culture and process at HTC's UX Design team group and throughout HTC's worldwide design organization
What you bring to the role:
- 5 or more years of interaction design experience, including significant non-Web interaction design work
- Experience shipping multiple products from concept to creation
- Experience working with and influencing a multi-disciplinary team of UX designers/researchers, planners, engineers, business development, product planning, and sales.
- Experience in designing both hardware and software user interfaces (mobile device interaction design experience is a major plus).
- The visual design skills to produce professional-quality interaction design concepts and specifications. You need not be a graphic designer per se, but the quality of the design of your deliverables must be commensurate with the high caliber of the content.
- BA/BS in Interaction Design, Graphic Design, Industrial Design, Computer-related Design, HCI, Human Factors, or closely-related field (masters degree is a plus).
- Expertise in the major graphics tools (Illustrator, Photoshop, and Visio/Omnigraffle) and at least one prototyping tool
- Strong project management and communications skills and willingness to be a team player
Equal Opportunity Employer
HTC - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard