The Millennial Media Product Engineering team has an exciting opportunity for a Senior UX Designer to join the team building the next generation of mobile advertising applications.
The UX team is a small, agile, innovative task force that values creativity, flexibility, dedication, excellence, and fun. We’re looking for a well-rounded Senior UX Designer who can do it all: work through challenging UI problems, articulate multiple options to team members and senior leadership, produce detailed wireframes, and incorporate brand elements into full-fledged designs that developers can run with.
Applicants must be data visualization geeks with a keen eye for quality design. Applicants must admire pixel perfect layouts, appreciate vertical harmony, and understand the complexities of guiding a user through complex processes with minimal friction.
We’ll provide you with the opportunity to make a major impact in the future of our product’s user experience. You will work closely with a talented and dedicated engineering team that is passionate about Millennial Media’s mission.
Our technologists feel empowered by working with cutting-edge technology and making tactical and strategic decisions for the company. By joining the team you will be an integral part of our tight-knit Millennial family and talented UX team.
We are looking for a strong leader who is ready to take on the responsibility to be an independent voice and make decisions that will help shape the future of the mobile market.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Facilitate the product discovery process with Product and Technology leadership.
- Work closely with Product Managers to define and drive user experience requirements for both new and existing products.
- Develop user scenarios, conceptual models, product and site architectures, work flow diagrams, high-fidelity wireframes, and visual mockups.
- Ensure UX milestones and deliverables are noted throughout the release life-cycle.
- Utilize qualitative and quantitative data to help define and defend UI and UX decisions.
- Collaborate with PM, Test, and Dev through implementation phase to realize design vision.
- Prototype high fidelity mocks using HTML/CSS
- Crafting hand written CSS in an organized, scalable and timely fashion.
Helpful but not required:
- 4+ years experience in UI development mobile, tablet and desktop), with an emphasis on design, user experience, and usability.
- Strong portfolio demonstrating past relevant projects is required.
- Strong understanding of user-centered design principles and the ability to clearly articulate them to the feature team and senior leadership
- Positive track record of delivering on time and releasing successful products under tight timelines.
- Experience designing for highly complex data-driven software applications.
- Ability to effectively communicate and drive complex UX decisions across cross-functional teams.
- Strong visual communication skills with a dedication to detail and consistency with a proven track record and a passion for designing compelling user experiences.
- Passion for information design and information visualization and have an ability to visualize complex sets of data in ways that are easy to comprehend.
- Strong and diverse graphic design background
- CSS3 and HTML5, SCSS/SASS and Compass, JQuery, with knowledge of EXT JS, SVN and Git
Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- BA/BS degree in Interface Design, Interaction Design, Communication Design, or related field.
Millennial Media is an equal opportunity employer.
Millennial Media provides a full spectrum of world-class advertiser solutions for branding, direct response, rich media, and user...