As a member of our underwriting support team, you will provide high level support to the underwriting function. In this role, you will assist in the preparation of new business quotes and policy issues, as well as rating both new business and renewal applications, while maintaining accuracy and targeted due dates.
- Complete portfolio process (RPA) prior to renewal date
- Complete pre-underwriting process of renewals by Underwriter due date and new business submissions
- Coordinate the pre-underwriting process which includes, but is not limited to:
- Review of application
- Request for add'l info from agent or PMA staff
- Classification of exposures
- Ordering RMA, D&B, MVR's and synopsis
- Completion of loss trend and development
- Analysis of large claims and loss trends
- Review of prior audits
- Complete new business or renewal notification form
- Attend and fully participate in all Team and Underwriting Meetings
- Meet with assigned underwriter weekly to discuss and prioritize work processes and tasks
- Process work in a timely and accurate manner
- Set-up for quotes, issues and correspondence
- Rate new business and renewal applications
- Issue new business and renewal orders
- Correspondence including: Endorsement requests, Cancellation requests, WC Bureau letters
- Maintain Corporate Underwriting Image Standards.
As a leader in the property and casualty insurance industry with multiple locations, our clients choose PMA Companies because we understand that excellent service begins with our employees. Our working relationships with clients are marked by professionalism, execution and accountability and our company culture is centered on teamwork. This combination has created a supportive work environment that encourages personal and professional growth.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 1 year of experience in an underwriting function
- Experience working with internal/external clients
- Ability to maintain professional, proficient working relationships
- Strong team skills.
We offer a very competitive compensation package including a 401(k) with dollar for dollar match on the first 5% of salary, tuition reimbursement and much more!
PMA Capital Corporation - 19 months ago