TPI is searching for an Unix Administrator for a client of ours in the Atlanta, GA area.
Sr. Unix Production Support Specialist
The Production Support Specialist is responsible for the implementation and maintenance of production network management applications and reporting systems. The person filling this role serves as support in responding to and diagnosing production support problems, interacts effectively with internal customers and appropriate system vendors to conduct necessary research to resolve issues, ensures documentation standards and procedures for operations are in place, actively seeks and evaluates opportunities for process improvement, performs systems and applications maintenance. The position requires strong technical skills, strong communication skills, and network management experience. This position will focus on the implementation and on-going support of existing NMS tools independently or with minimal assistance. The existing NMS tools deal with Network/Fault Monitoring and Performance Management.
Provides application supports; installs, configures upgrades, troubleshoots, monitors, and maintains software and hardware for telemetry applications.
1. Maintain, support, troubleshoot, resolve, and repair issues within existing NMS tools independently or with minimal assistance. Resolves more complex, less defined issues. Able to work to identify scope of issues and recommend best practices to prevent further occurrences.
2. Works independently in troubleshooting and providing solutions to unresolved hardware and software problems through trouble-ticket system;
3. Evaluates and recommends changes to support procedures as part of an ongoing improvement effort.; recommends hardware/software enhancements to increase productivity
4. Collaborate with team members in the development, implementation and updates of operations standards for all network management solutions and processes.
5. Participate in testing of new tools, applications, and releases; provide appropriate feedback for tool improvement.
6. Work with internal customers to gather requirements and understand goals.
7. Participate in on-call rotation, advanced troubleshooting, and resolution of problem requests for NMS tools. Serve as an escalation point for other team members as required.
8. Provides functional guidance, advice, and/or training to less experienced support employees.
9. Maintain devices in various network management applications.
10. Ensure documentation of supported systems is current.
11. Provide 24X7 support via on-call rotation.
sologig - 18 months ago