Ellucian, the new company formed by the combination of Datatel and SunGard Higher Education, helps education institutions thrive in a dynamic world. We deliver a broad portfolio of technology solutions, developed in collaboration with a global education community, and provide strategic guidance to help education institutions of all kinds navigate change, achieve greater transparency, and drive efficiencies. More than 2,300 institutions in 40 countries around the world look to Ellucian for the ideas and insights that will move education forward, helping people everywhere discover their futures through learning. Visit us at ellucian.com.
Is there really a formula for happiness? We think so: Happiness = Ellucian
Creating solutions for Higher Education is our business and we do it well. The key reason why our company is successful is our employees. We learned a long time ago that happy employees are the most productive. Simply put, we are passionate about our employees and their success.
So, what makes you happy? Do you like being a part of a high energy team that likes helping others? Do you thrive on working in a fast paced environment? Our expectations are high, and we work hard – and we have a lot of fun in the process. It doesn’t hurt that we have amazing benefits too! We offer 3 weeks of vacation and medical benefits that start on your first day - and that’s just the beginning.
As Sr. User Liaison, you will be responsible for working with users in various administrative departments to assess, train and assist with the implementation, conversion and customization of SunGard Banner ERP / administrative software solutions, with a focus on the Finance and HR modules. This function provides the means to apply technology to administrative problems and provides ongoing technical and staff support for effective and efficient data and process operations. Whatever the responsibilities, you'll have lots of opportunity to make your impact at Ellucian.
You will add value by:
- Working with the client community to review business processes and make recommendations for Improvements
- Providing client liaison and technical support for administrative applications
- Providing system configuration and usage guidance to the administrative user community
- Supporting departmental staff and administration with the identification, evaluation, selection, support and maintenance of systems solutions
- Providing systems analysis, problem solving support, and necessary programming support to provide efficient and effective use of administrative information systems in support of client's goals and objectives
- Providing maintenance, appropriate use, production and problem solving support, and ad-hoc reporting support
- Developing project plans for major technical activities
- Preparing project status reports and keeping management, client, and others informed of project status and related issues
- Implementing quality assurance methodologies covering test plans, change management, and problem management
- Meeting with users and staff to determine the impact of proposed changes in hardware or software for users
- Planning and developing day-to-day policies and procedures to promote successful performance of administrative systems
- Planning, designing and implementing integration of other data sources into the SunGard Banner/Oracle database on a project by project basis
- Participating in the planning of upgrades to the SunGard Banner software including the evaluation of the effort involved, the steps required, and the provision of information related to operational changes
What we need from you:
- Strong functional knowledge on any of the areas of higher education; Student Services, Financial Aid, Finance or Human Resources operations utilizing SunGard Banner ERP / administrative systems. Focus on Finance and Human Resources.
- Functional knowledge in the areas of Student Information Systems including but not limited to; registrar, admissions, recruiting, academic history, graduation and others strongly desired.
- Strong problem solving skills
- Proven project management skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks, communicate project status and provide leadership and direction for the implementation process.
- Proven ability to populate and test rule and validation tables.
- Ability to develop testing plans, and manage the work of departmental resources.
- Strong desktop automation skills including effective use of e-mail, word processors, spreadsheets and the ability to use tools in conjunction with databases.
- Working knowledge of relational database reporting tools including PL/SQL, Cognos, Argos, Crystal Reports, Microsoft Access or others.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and the ability to maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, vendors and the public are required.
- Strong written, oral and organizational skills.
- Oracle experience is a plus.
Ellucian. - 15 months ago
Ellucian helps education institutions thrive in an open and dynamic world. We deliver a broad portfolio of technology solutions, developed...