Operates heavy equipment including backhoes and track-hoes and other equipment. Assists in maintenance of equipment. Checks equipment inventory for availability on jobs. Receives work orders and delegates work assignments to others members of the work crew. Assists in the supervision of Departmental personnel as required. Completes daily work orders. Performs all other related duties as assigned.
Example of Duties:
- Maintains and operates heavy equipment including backhoes/track-hoes and other equipment.
- Assists in the maintenance of equipment. Checks equipment inventory for availability on jobs.
- Receives work assignments and delegates work to members of the work crew. Receives daily road map.
- Completes daily work orders.
- Perform on call duties 24/7 as assigned.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- Class II Wastewater Collection System Operator License, Class C Water Distribution Operator License or higher, Class A CD: with Tanker Endorsement .
- 1 - 3 years experience in related field.
- Verbal and written communication skills. Skills in safe operation of heavy equipment.
- Knowledge of heavy equipment safety requirements and maintenance operations.
- Knowledge of Water Distribution and Wastewater Collection System
- Ability to prioritize job assignments & determine manpower needed to complete project.
City of League City, TX - 30+ days ago