The Senior Vice President of Fund Development is accountable to the Chief Executive Officer of the region for the successful planning, development and implementation of a comprehensive regional fundraising plan that achieves measurable income growth annually. This position works collaboratively with all fundraising staff within the Mid-Atlantic Region and serves as lead staff to the Regional Development Committee.
RELATIONSHIPS AND CONTACTS
Within the Foundation:
Works with the Regional CEO, Regional Board of Directors and other members of the Executive and Senior Leadership Team to achieve regional goals. Recruits and trains volunteers for a Regional Development Committee and for other volunteer leadership roles. Provides training for the Regional Board of Directors in philanthropy, fundraising and their role in reaching established goals. Works collaboratively with the National Office to improve performance, address issues and concerns, and identify new opportunities for fundraising. collaborates with the regional Planned Giving Officer to develop and implement the Regional Marketing Plan for planned giving donors and prospects.
Outside the Foundation:
Cultivates and maintains partnerships within the regional community to recruit corporate contracts and potential leadership volunteers and increase fundraising in the Mid Atlantic Region.
- Responsible for providing leadership to the regions fundraising staff team to achieve the goals set forth for the region.
- Maintains direct and in-direct relationships with individual donors, corporate and community leaders, public and private organizations and foundations
- Works collaboratively with the National Office to improve organizational performance, address issues and concerns, and identify new opportunities for fundraising
- Ensures the organization is able to raise resources to achieve the Foundation’s goals and secure future growth through major gifts, foundation funding, annual campaigns, special events and federated campaigns
- Identify, cultivate and solicit Major Gift prospects and corporate sponsorships
- Leads in the implementation of the Region’s comprehensive fundraising plan, best practices, ensuring they are consistent with the Foundation’s mission and regional plan of work.
- Develops a regional corporate prospect list and contact plan to engage corporations in fundraising activities.
- Implements the donor-centered major gifts model within the Region to cultivate and track key donors.
- Complies with all governmental regulations and organizational policies which impact area of responsibility and ensures adherence to standards of the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP).
- Ensures effective stewardship of financial and human (staff and volunteer) resources in assigned area of business.
- Ability to implement fundraising systems in order to make the region development team function to its fullest potential.
- Be comfortable with working with donor/volunteer management.
- Must be able to identify and implement best practices.
- Is able to utilize computer skills and technical capability in word, excel, and power point in addition to experience with donor databases.
MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITY AND AUTHORITY
Provides leadership for the recruitment and retention of a qualified development staff team, at the regional and local levels. Ensures a positive work environment and culture that fosters teamwork and the achievement of fundraising objectives and cultivates a staff team of qualified, trained, outcome-oriented staff. Develops an annual regional Plan-of-Work and budget in support of the Region’s strategic development plan.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Eight to ten (10) years of progressively responsible experience in income development
- Five years experience in supervising staff
- Consistent positive trend in performance results for self and for organization (e.g., individual performance objectives and results, organizational goals and accomplishments)
- Ability to develop collaborative arrangements and strategic partnerships
- Ability to work interdependently to accomplish goals and outcomes
- Extensive experience working with volunteers and corporate sponsors
- Comprehensive understanding of charitable giving and the marketplace for the fund-raising dollar
- Demonstrated ability to lead direct and motivate staff and volunteers
- Comprehensive understanding of and the ability to articulate the Region’s educational programs and services and fund-raising activities
- Demonstrated success in developing and communicating a tactical plan to key stakeholders.
- Proven computer skills in Microsoft word, excel, power point, and outlook.
- Proven experience working within data base systems to manage donor information.
Interested candidates should send cover letter and resume to email@example.com with "Sr. VP of Fund Development" in the subject line. No phone calls, please. Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted. EOE.
Arthritis Foundation - 15 months ago