Hachette Book Group (HBG) seeks to fill the position of Sr. Vendor Compliance Representative.
Hachette Book Group (HBG) is a major US trade publisher and a division of Hachette Livre, the second largest publisher in the world. HBG is headquartered in New York, with offices in Boston, MA, Lebanon, IN, and Nashville, TN. HBG publishes under the divisions of Little, Brown and Company, Little Brown Books for Young Readers, Grand Central Publishing, Orbit, Hachette Nashville and Hachette Digital.
Our bestselling authors include Ansel Adams, Sherman Alexie, Julie Andrews and Emma Walton Hamilton, Paolo Bacigalupi, David Baldacci, James Bradley, Sandra Brown, Marc Brown, Peter Brown, Christopher Buckley, Stephen Colbert, Michael Connelly, Jeffrey Deaver, Ellen DeGerenes, Ted Dekker, Nelson DeMille, Emily Dickinson, Emma Donoghue, Jimmy Fallon, Tina Fey, Jonathan Safran Foer, Cornelia Funke, Malcolm Gladwell, Jane Goodall, Seth Grahame-Smith, Chelsea Handler, Lisi Harrison, Christopher Hitchens, Mary Ann Hoberman, David Jeremiah, Sebastian Junger, Maira Kalman, Carole King, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., Karen Kingsbury, Nelson Mandela, Steve Martin, John Maxwell, Patrick McDonnell, Brad Meltzer, Joyce Meyer, Stephenie Meyer, Joel Osteen, Todd Parr, James Patterson, Jerry Pinkney, Keith Richards, J.D. Salinger, Stacy Schiff, Alice Sebold, Amy Sedaris, David Sedaris, Anita Shreve, Anne Rivers Siddons, Lemony Snicket/Daniel Handler, Nicholas Sparks, Jon Stewart, Trenton Lee Stewart, Laini Taylor, Scott Turow, David Foster Wallace, Evelyn Waugh, Andrew Weil, Don Yeager and Cecily von Ziegesar.
In addition to selling and distributing its own imprints, HBG provides a wide range of custom services to third party publishers, such as distribution, fulfillment, digital and sales services. Some of HBG’s clients include: Harry N. Abrams, Amazing People Club, Chronicle Books, Disney Book Group, Filipacchi Publishing, Gildan Media, Guinness World Records, Hachette UK, InnovativeKids, Marvel, Octopus Books, Oxmoor House, Peterson’s, Phaidon Press, Time Home Entertainment Inc., and Windblown Media. For more information, visit our website: www.HachetteBookGroup.com.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND REQUIREMENTS
- Point of contact for HBG Sales and Clients
- Set up and maintenance of accounts with vendor compliance requirements, which includes onboarding of new customers as well as reviewing new vendor requirements for established customers
- Train HBG Sales, Operations, and Clients on SharePoint as well as training other departments on post-account launch support activities, such as customer portals
- Assist with creating and maintaining compliance reports and metrics tracked in SharePoint, and archiving digital and paper documention
- Other duties as needed
- Superior communication skills, both written and spoken
- Friendly and professional demeanor with a customer service oriented attitude
- Flexibility to handle varying assignments and to accommodate shifting priorities
- High desire to achieve goals & complete projects
- Proven ability to work independently on a project, and see it through to completion
- Attention to detail/accuracy in work
- Resourcefulness; ability to think “outside the box” to think creatively to find solutions
- Willingness to learn and use unfamiliar technology/systems
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and SharePoint
- Vendor Compliance, Customer Management and/or Supply Chain experience strongly preferred
- College degree (strongly preferred)
Hachette Book Group - 22 months ago
Hachette Book Group goes by the book. The division of Hachette Livre is home to book publisher Little, Brown and hardcover, mass market,...