Amazon Fresh is looking to hire a Sr. Vendor Manager for its grocery delivery service. The Sr. Vendor Manager will have broad end-to-end ownership of product selection, supplier mix and the overall customer experience in one of our most critically important product categories.
The Sr. Vendor Manager on Amazon Fresh is responsible for developing best-in-class selection of highly productive inventory, setting and managing pricing throughout their categories, as well as driving cost improvements to gross margin and through non-product revenue. The Sr. Vendor Manager coordinates buying activities with the Inventory Planning team to acquire inventory in a cost-effective and efficient way while obtaining products of the highest possible quality. S/he also coordinates buying activities with Marketing and Merchandising in order to ensure the best possible vendor funding and support for promotional activities. S/he develops new supply sources where vendors and suppliers are no longer competitive. The Sr. Vendor Manager may develop additional new product offering or lines of business. S/he interacts closely with Vendors and QA to resolve quality issues. S/he is responsible for all AmazonFresh buying system data input and integrity, as well as Key Performance Indicators for operating the business. S/he works with management to address all aspects of buying, market trends assessment, pricing, and product availability.
The successful Sr. Vendor Manager must be able to:
- Act as the ‘business owner’ for his or her categories, possessing a complete understanding of internal and external variables that impact our business
- Have a thorough understanding of the industry, seasonality and global trends/events, and continually monitor competitor/industry developments
- Create business plans for new opportunities and develop and execute project plans for the launch of new features, incorporating merchandising and pricing strategies
- Coordinate cross-functional teams, and communicate with internal and external parties, while meeting tight deadlines
- Conduct financial analysis of business opportunities to meet and exceed revenue and profitability goals
- Bachelor’s degree
- A background (5+ years) in buying, account management, product management, project management, financial analysis and/or marketing
- 3+ years negotiation experience
- Proficiency in Excel & SQL
- Ability to think both strategically and tactically with strong attention to detail
- Proven analytical skills and highly numerate
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects - prioritization, planning and task delegation
- Proven track record of taking ownership and delivering results
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Knowledge and/or previous experience within the industry preferred
- MBA preferred
Amazon.com - 5 months ago
Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By...