The Senior Vendor Manager on Amazon Fresh is the “business owner” for a specific category or categories in the perishables group. S/he works externally with Vendors / Partners and internally with Inventory Planning, Marketing, Food Safety, Delivery Experience, Software Engineers, and Customer Service, as well as other Amazon teams to drive forward and grow his/her business.
S/he is responsible for developing / executing a highly productive category strategy and assortment as well as managing category financials through managing pricing, driving cost improvements to gross margin and through non-product revenue, and intelligently managing buying/ inventory. The Senior Vendor Manager may also develop additional new product offering or lines of business. S/he coordinates buying activities with the Inventory Planning team to acquire inventory in a cost-effective and efficient way while obtaining products of the highest possible quality. S/he also coordinates marketing activities with Marketing and Merchandising in order to ensure the best possible vendor funding and support for promotional activities. S/he develops new supply sources where vendors and suppliers are no longer competitive. S/he interacts closely with Vendors and QA to resolve quality issues. S/he is responsible for all AmazonFresh buying system data input and integrity, as well as Key Performance Indicators for operating the business. S/he works with management to address all aspects of buying, market trends assessment, pricing, and product availability.
The successful Senior Vendor Manager must be able to:
- Act as the ‘business owner’ for his or her categories, possessing a complete understanding of internal and external variables that impact our business
- Have a thorough understanding of the industry, seasonality and global trends/events, and continually monitor competitor/industry developments
- Create business plans for new opportunities and develop and execute project plans for the launch of new features, incorporating merchandising and pricing strategies
- Coordinate cross-functional teams, and communicate with internal and external parties, while meeting tight deadlines
- Conduct financial analysis of business opportunities to meet and exceed revenue and profitability goals
- Bachelor’s degree
- A background (6+ years) in buying, account management, product management, project management, financial analysis and/or marketing
- 2+ years negotiation experience
- Proficiency in Excel
- Ability to think both strategically and tactically with strong attention to detail
- Proven analytical skills and highly numerate
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects - prioritization, planning and task delegation
- Proven track record of taking ownership and delivering results
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Knowledge and/or previous experience within the industry preferred
- MBA preferred
Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By...