Sr. Web Application Developer
6 Months Contract
We have an immediate need for a Sr. Web Application Developer with Java experience. You will work on a team of developers to create and maintain a web application that services external customers.
Qualified candidates should have experience with the following technologies:
· Web Services (SOAP, RESTful)
· MVC Frameworks (Spring, Struts, PrimeFaces)
· Application Servers (Apache, Tomcat, JBoss)
· Analysis, design, coding, testing and deployment of web applications in an object oriented environment.
· Maintenance and support of line of business applications.
· Follow established software development processes and ensures code reuse and efficiency.
· Provide proper documentation throughout development lifecycle.
· Troubleshooting and correcting program errors or defects.
· Properly escalate issues to meet deadlines.
· Coordination with QA Testers to ensure end to end unit testing and post production testing.
· Applies knowledge of computer hardware and software, subject matter to be programmed in business applications, information processing techniques used, and information gathered from system users to develop software.
· Minimum 4-6 years of object oriented and web development experience and programming methodologies in a professional or educational setting.
· Strong software development experience using Java/J2EE and Spring.
· 3+ years of “real world “web development experience.
· 2+ years of experience with Spring, Hibernate, Tiles, JSTL, and Web Application servers.
· Demonstrate domain expertise and ability to talk about the technology/concepts in depth (not just about programming syntax).
· Understanding of Web development - server side and client side concepts
· Experience with Memory management Garbage collection, Multi- Threading.
· Experience troubleshooting performance issues and performance tuning.
· Understanding of Web services - SOAP, Restful & XML, and General OOP concepts.
· Effective verbal and written communications.
· Problem solving skills and the ability to work with innovative solutions.
· Strong analytical skills with the ability to assess complex situations and understand key issues quickly.
· Ability to adapt in a dynamic work environment and make independent decisions while keeping management informed.
MDI Group focuses exclusively on providing IT Workforce Solutions that help organizations tackle ‘what’s next’ in terms of...