OpticsPlanet, Inc. is looking for a Sr. Web Content Copywriter with exemplary editing and writing skills, a keen marketing sense, and a passion for producing unique, intriguing content for our online stores. Superb writing and editing skills are necessary for this position, along with the ability to multi-task, and navigate through information for thousands of products across a wide array of categories. The position will involve copy writing, editing, manipulating and paraphrasing existing content, keyword research, and analysis of product descriptions. The Web Content Copywriter will play a key role in Search Engine Optimization (SEO) strategies for existing E-commerce sites and new E-commerce sites in development. This role also requires providing guidance and guidelines to junior copywriters on the team and skills in task management.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Qualifications, Skills and Requirements
- Develop unique web content, optimized for search engines
- Edit product information across several online store fronts to avoid duplicate content, while retaining essential information for the consumer
- Write compelling descriptions that sell the product by integrating the manufacturer's features and specifications with savvy marketing language
- Work with Marketing and Web Content Management to develop writing tones specifically designed for each online store
- Research and generate keywords using keyword tools
- Analyze and review keyword strategy across several web sites
- Develop guidelines to increase content quality on company websites and enhance efficiency of copywriting processes.
Candidates must be effective in time management, have a tenacious attention to detail, demonstrate initiative, take direction and collaborate well with others.
- Bachelors degree in Communications, English, Marketing, or similar field is required
- At least 2 years of experience as a copywriter in e-commerce content management is preferred
- Exceptional writing, editing and proofreading ability
- Proficiency in writing rich, robust, accurate content quickly
- Minimum of one year experience working with HTML
- An understanding of SEO, experience is required
- Strong knowledge and comfort with Microsoft Office, especially MS Excel and MS Word
- Basic Photoshop and understanding of digital image manipulation is a plus
Optics For You offers many deeply discounted items, the lowest prices of the season! Don't forget to check out our Blowout Clearance Sale on...