- Responsible for the control and maintenance of multiple webMethods platform environments (Development, Test/QA and Production).
- Manage Development and Test/QA environment refreshes using webMethods Deployer, CrossVista and other deployment tools.
- Assign suitable environments for development and testing efforts to best avoid conflicts.
- Provide day-to-day support of the Development and Test/QA environments and the users of those environments.
- Identify, document and communicate potential system problems discovered prior to implementation so that appropriate business decisions can be made regarding the implementation of the systems.
- Develop, package, test, document and implement quality infrastructure solutions.
- Perform basic programming / scripting / packaging functions.
- Provide system performance, tuning and root cause determination.
- Assist in developing technical requirements and interoperability of systems.
- Follow system development lifecycle methodology.
- Responsible for performing quality assurance environment tasks.
- Assist in providing 24x7 Support by participating in weekly on-call rotation.
REQUIREMENTS AND COMPENTENCIES:
- Minimum 5 years of applications systems analysis.
College degree or equivalent work experience.
- Strong knowledge of webMethods IS versions 6.5, 7.1 & 8.0. Administration with expertise in installation, configuration, tuning and deploying applications with components such as webMethods Integration Server, Broker, Trading Networks, adapter types such as JDBC, Tuxedo and MQ, Reverse Invoke or Reverse HTTP Gateway, Certificate Toolkit, My webMethods Server (MWS) and Optimize.
- Experience in troubleshooting webMethods application such as package deployment, configuration, installing client certificates, checking RI and broker connections, documents in queue, error handling and debugging scheduled services.
- Required expertise on distributed systems, support of highly distributed deployment J2EE servers, shell & ANT scripting to automate and monitor the webMethods routine tasks.
- Minimum 3 years of experience with J2EE applications and middleware on Unix/Linux platform, webMethods 6.5, 7.1 and 8.0.
- Knowledge of StarTeam, ClearCase and other code repository applications.
- Production support experience in a critical environment.
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer who values the diversity of our people, products, and services.
There’s a whole lot more to Staples than you probably ever imagined. As the world’s 3rd largest internet retailer and a trusted...