- Work on large development project that involves migrating/on boarding our customers using generic framework services.
- Work with business partners and our internal/external customers to integrate them into our systems.
- Good technical and analytical skill and ability to take initiatives.
- Provide technical leadership - assess requirements, create design artifacts, develop modules, conduct technical design reviews and code reviews, identify and resolve key technical issues within the product/project
- Build new best practices and new standards and ensure compliance technically and from a process standpoint before implementing
- Participate in the analysis of emerging technologies as necessary to ensure that Staples solutions stay current with the existing technology.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of Staples B2B Systems and business processes and system environment.
- Mentor junior developers in software engineering techniques
- Work on multiple priorities at the same time and manage the work/time effectively.
- Work with PMO, development, QM and infrastructure teams in creation and execution of plans, and assist in end-to-end implementation integration, testing and support as needed
- Support internal and external customers by providing technical consultation
- Adapt quickly to change and positively take on new responsibilities - be viewed as a technical lead by others
- 5-years hands on experience as a WebMethods Developer.
EDI, XML, Java, SQL, DB2/Oracle
Networking concepts, communication protocols, Performance Analysis, Database Management,Operating systems: Windows XP/2007, Unix, AS400 Database technologies: SQL, DB2, Oracle, SOA
- 3-5 years direct experience in technical leadership as well as hands-on role in a large-scale B2B Integration implementation using webMethods [Software AG suit of product
- Experience designing and implementing applications using a SOA approach is preferred
- Must exude a positive, can-do attitude.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize issues under pressure
- Manage and Improve process, contribute to process improvements
- Ability to analyze problems and present technical solutions
- Able to take technical lead role on development and support initiatives
- Sound communication skills (with internal team members and external business partners) Ability to influence without having direct authority.
- Good project management and organizational skills (Understanding of SDLC processes).
- College degree or equivalent work experience
- Broad understanding of one or more of the following:
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer who values the diversity of our people, products, and services.
There’s a whole lot more to Staples than you probably ever imagined. As the world’s 3rd largest internet retailer and a trusted...