Sr.Clinical Informatics Specialist
The Senior Clinical Informatics Specialist (Sr. CIS) is responsible for participating in the planning, including workflow analysis, development, training, implementation, evaluation, and optimization of assigned clinical information systems across departments across the SJHS. The CIS functions as a liaison for and with SJHS and Ministry clinical informatics specialists, and system administrators, and clinical end users across departments while working collaboratively and directly with the vendors and technical experts. The (Sr. CIS) works to optimize the clinical and administrative resources to meet the needs of a large group of interdisciplinary end users. The CIS participates on appropriate SJHS teams establishing teamwork through appropriate deployment of process, technical, and human resources in collaboration with the Directors of Acute Care Informatics to implement health information technologies to achieve SJHS strategic goals.
Additionally, this position is expected to integrate Improving Performance: The St. Joseph Way into activities and assignments. The St. Joseph Way and is based on the concept that a performance improvement culture grows from leadership’s unrelenting commitment to lean (Toyota Production System) practices which over time become habitual and lead to a change in the staff’s hearts and minds about the meaning of their work. The goal of this transformation is the creation of a high performing, safe, and prosperous healthcare ministry.
System analysis and support for Clinical Informatics projects, from implementation to optimization
Manage projects and support staff as assigned with attention to detail, expected outcomes, and timeline
Support and/or lead change management and workflow/process improvement activities in clinical information system implementations
Oversee contracts for assigned systems, including assurance that all elements of contract are met
Work with other SJHS and Ministry teams, including IS, Quality, Performance Improvement, PMO and end users to ensure performance and process value is realized from the implementation of advanced clinical information systems
Provide education as required
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
- Demonstrates knowledge of redesigning clinical processes to improve efficiency and patient care, preferably in conjunction with the implementation of a clinical information system
- Must have the ability to develop and maintain good working relationships and to interact positively and productively with teams across organizational lines
- Must be able to demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Must be able to demonstrate well developed and proven organizational, problem solving, analytical, customer service and oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to function in a dynamic environment subject to impromptu changes in schedules and priorities
- Recognized as a formal or informal leader by their constituency
- Able to maintain a global perspective and see impacts and results beyond the traditional organizational walls (departments, services, geographic location)
- Functions as a change agent- with willingness to challenge the status quo
- Works successfully in a team environment
- Displays strong initiative- can establish personal goals and take responsibility for meeting them within defined timelines
- Strong analytical skills and ability with experience managing databases
- Energetic and decisive; demonstrates ability to work independently and be accountable to deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to influence upward, across and down with or without direct lines of authority; ability to take charge and lead within a matrix organization
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong service orientation
Minimum Position Qualifications:
Bachelor's in Nursing or equivalent clinical experience required
License / Certification:
- Minimum of five years working in a clinical setting with acute hospital care experience required
- Prior experience implementing information systems with clinical information system experience required
- Current RN license in State of California or equivalent clinical background
Preferred Position Qualifications:
Familiarity with current regulatory requirements for reporting data preferred
Specialty Certification preferred
St. Joseph Health (SJH) is an integrated healthcare delivery system sponsored by the St. Joseph Health Ministry and organized into three regions: Northern California, Southern California, West Texas/Eastern New Mexico. SJH provides a full range of care from facilities including 14 acute care hospitals, home health agencies, hospice care, outpatient services, skilled nursing facilities, community clinics, and physician organizations. SJH maintains a 'continuum of care,' matched to the diverse needs of the urban centers, smaller cities and rural communities in three states. For the third year in a row in 2009, the Gallup Organization awarded St. Joseph Health its highest honor - the Great Workplace Award. SJH provides exceptional benefits, opportunities for advancement and relocation within the system. St. Joseph Health is comprised of four core values: Service, Excellence, Dignity, and Justice are the guiding principles of all we do. Excellent compensation program and benefits provided. SJH is an EEO/AA Employer.
UBB System Office
500 S. Main Street, Suite 400
St. Joseph Health
- 3 years ago - save job
St. Joseph Health (SJH) is an integrated healthcare delivery system sponsored by the St. Joseph Health Ministry and organized into three...