Sr. QA Engineer
Come shape the strategic vision at YP.com. YP Holdings ("YP") is one of the largest local search, media and advertising companies in North America. YP.com generated approximately $3.3B in revenue in 2011, and there is a controlling interest in YP by an affiliate of Cerberus Capital Management, L.P. We currently have an opportunity for a "Sr. Quality Engineer " in our Glendale, CA, office. Join our dedicated and talented team of individuals all focused on creating the best products in the marketplace.
The Quality Engineer will participate in the design, development, documentation, analysis, and testing of YP's Web-based applications. He/she is expected to be able to execute high-level and low-level test cases using his/hers testing and software engineering skills to validate integrated and standalone applications while working semi-independently with limited supervision.
The Quality Engineer will be expected to lead and drive the testing efforts, and closely interact with the project team to ensure deliverables adhere to the quality standards that internal or external customers expect by using QA best practices. In addition, he/she must be able to clearly document, track and monitor the testing results and triage defects with development teams to ensure timely resolution.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Perform assigned project's testing as needed and develop integrated test plans and manual test cases.
2. Interact and effectively communicates with project teams using technical and non-technical terms to determine test scope and acceptance criteria.
3. Effectively identify and communicate potential risks during the course of the project.
4. Work with the project managers, lead developers, as well as QE Lead to effectively support the project initiatives throughout its life cycle.
5. Keep up to date with projects via testing management tools, logs, and defect reporting tools for clear and prompt reference and resolution.
6. Perform using Agile / Scrum Methodology and release implementation
7. Perform limited release management duties, including building/compiling code, and deployments.
: Strong Web application testing experience
: Minimum of 3 years' experience in internet and/or web based Quality Assurance testing
: Extensive knowledge in Software Quality Assurance (SQA) methods and processes
: Strong problem solving and troubleshooting capabilities
: Ability to learn new skills and applications quickly with minimal guidance
: Dedicated to achieving project schedules and milestones
: Ability to work in a team environment with aggressive deadlines and multiple priorities while remaining a team player within current project ownership.
: Strong oral and written communication skills, as well as strong interpersonal skills
: Self-starter able to work with minimal supervision
: Experienced in using top QA testing tools and automation applications
: Experience with automated testing software and security software.
: Good knowledge of different operating systems (OS) and browser technology
: Strong familiarity with SQL database concepts as used for field validation
: Familiar with all phases of the SDLC
: Experience in developing detailed, functional and integrated test plans, test cases for software based applications and systems
: General knowledge of Java, .Net, HTML, XML
: General knowledge of Telco applications and software
: Bachelor's Degree in Technology or related field
We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits including a matching 401(k), bonuses, and a casual yet high-energy work environment. Send us your resume today.
YP LLC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
Yellow Pages - 15 months ago
Yellow Pages Group is a leading digital company in Canada. The Company serves over 300,000 local businesses through its nationwide sales...