Posting Title Staff, Product Integration Architect About Us VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 500,000 enterprise and mid-market customers to thrive in the Cloud Era by simplifying, automating and transforming the way they build, deliver and consume IT. We enable people and organizations by radically simplifying IT through software virtualization with a focus on three core missions: End-User Computing (EUC), Hybrid Cloud and Software-Defined Data Center (SDDC).
Join our community – instigators of innovation and transformers of technology – as we envision and create what’s next in IT. Get connected to an engine of opportunity fueled by the transformative products and solutions we bring to market, the passion and trust we inspire in our customers, and our collaborative drive to imagine, define and deliver the future of IT. With 13,000+ employees and 50+ locations worldwide, we are passionately driven to make an impact while contributing back to the community. Learn more at vmware.com/careers today! Why work for our Division VMware’s world-class, award-winning R&D team is comprised of thousands of top-notch computer scientists and software engineers that are transforming computing through virtualization. Members of the R&D team voice their creative ideas and watch them become initiatives, participate in exciting short-term and long-term products on the VMware roadmap, initiate advanced research projects, and/or write and test code that ships. At VMware, our engineers continue to learn and grow by working with top professionals from around the world and recent graduates of top universities and by taking advantage of our extensive internal training opportunities and generous external education assistance program. R&D team members work on the latest computing equipment and have access to the ACM and IEEE libraries. VMware has R&D offices in: Silicon Valley; Cambridge, MA; Broomfield, CO; Sofia, Bulgaria; Aarhus, Denmark; London, UK; Herzliya, Israel; Bangalore, India; and Beijing, China. Job Description Job Description – Staff Product Integration Architect, R&D
VMware is looking for a Staff Product Integration Architect with extensive experience in VMware products, Infrastructure Architecture, vSphere/vCloud API/SDK, Cloud computing and scripting to enable datacenter automation to join the R&D Integration Engineering (IE) Group.
The R&D IE group focuses on the integration of VMware’s product portfolio to enable more operationally efficient Datacenters for our Enterprise customers as well as integration with Hybrid/Public Clouds for our Cloud Service Provider partners. The R&D IE Group is made up of a Product Integration Engineering Group, a Product Integration Engineering Liaison group as well as a Technical Program Management group.
The Role and your Responsibilities
The Responsibilities for the Staff Product Integration Architect will be:
- Design and Architect Solutions incorporating VMware products when possible to accurately reflect an idealized customer environment.
- Identify and articulate VMware product opportunities to address gaps in desired architectures.
- Work with Product Integration Architects on the team to review architecture proposals and provide guidance on design recommendations.
- Work with System Implementation Architects to stand-up defined architectures and articulate “Lessons learned” and eventually “Best Practices.”
- An industry recognized subject matter expert and customer recognized trusted advisor to be consulted on both internal product directions and potential technology acquisitions.
Requisition Number 41556BR
- 10+ years practical experience building Datacenters for large-scale infrastructure projects.
- 10 + years practical experience with distributed services and multi-site environments.
- 5 + years practical experience of Datacenter automation. Puppet experience preferred.
- A deep understanding and practical experience of the vSphere/vCloud API/SDK.
- An understanding of server platforms and network architectures is required.
- At least 5 years practical experience with VMware vSphere Suite
- VCP Required. VCDX preferred
- Willing to travel up to 25% in order evangelize VMware technologies and solutions with partners, customers and business leaders.
- Exceptional people and communications skills are a pre-requisite.
- BS in Computer Science or related technical degree required, or equivalent experience. Location Palo Alto, CA, US Is this a remote or multiple location position? No
Note To Applicant: Please disable your pop-up blocker prior to clicking “Apply”
VMware - 20 months ago
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable businesses to thrive in the Cloud Era. A pioneer in...