Crown Agents USA, Inc. (CA-USA) is seeking a Staff Accountant, Payroll for the Finance Department in our Washington, DC office. |
Crown Agents is an international development company employing over 600 personnel worldwide with a presence in more than 40 countries, subsidiaries in 12 countries, and permanent staff working on the ground in 22 corporate offices in Africa, Asia Latin America, Japan, the United Kingdom, and the United States. Crown Agents provides direct assistance, management consulting, and human and institutional development for public and private sector clients in customs and trade facilitation, public financial management, procurement, logistics, and health systems strengthening.
Crown Agents USA (CA-USA), the U.S. incorporated subsidiary of Crown Agents, provides direct technical assistance, capacity development, and procurement services to stimulate economic growth, establish good governance, and improve health outcomes across the developing world. Since its incorporation in the United States in 1998, CA-USA has provided technical assistance services and support to U.S. Government agencies and international organizations such as the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), the Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC), the U.S. Trade and Development Agency (USTDA), Department of State (DOS), and the Gates Foundation.
Role & Responsibilities
The Staff Accountant, Payroll is responsible for processing monthly payroll for domestic staff utilizing ADP software.
General Ledger and Timekeeping Account Analysis/Reconciliation:
- Process and record domestic monthly payroll utilizing ADP software
- Record wires for third-country national and consultant payroll
- Process and review Employee Action Forms submitted by HR for new employees, personal deduction changes, payroll advances and disability insurance payroll related matters
- Liaison with HR Department regarding payroll related issues
- Resolve employee payroll related inquiries
- Set-up new employees in Deltek Employee Master File
- Assist with ADP Software Maintenance
- Assist with Payroll software upgrades
- Maintain employees PTO balances in Deltek T&E
- Prepare quarterly 941 reconciliations
- Prepare annual 940 reconciliation
- Review and distribute W-2’s
Any other duties as appropriate to the position, as requested.
- Process time recording in Deltek T&E and labor distribution in Deltek GCS
- Reconcile ADP payroll registers to Deltek labor reports
- Prepare and process labor corrections
- Reconcile payroll related balance sheet accounts monthly
- Cross train in other areas of the finance department as needed;
- As assigned, other accounting duties
To apply to this position, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org . Include your name, along with the title of the position you are applying for, in the subject line. Visit our website at www.crownagentsusa.com for more information about our company. No phone calls, faxes or walk-ins please. Crown Agents USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
- Associates Degree in Accounting; Eight or more years of related payroll experience in lieu of degree considered
- Certified payroll professional (CPP) designation preferred
- Ability to multi-task while meeting deadlines
- Strong analytical and reconciliation skills
- Legal ability to work in the United States required
- Minimum five years of experience processing ADP payroll
- Demonstrated experience utilizing Deltek GCS software preferred
- Prior history processing payroll for a US government contractor helpful
- Knowledge of general accounting including prior, demonstrated work history assisting with accounting duties in addition to payroll expertise
Candidate must be able to demonstrate legal right to work in the United States.
Crown Agents USA will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with qualified disabilities in accordance with the ADA. If you require a reasonable accommodation for our application process, please contact our Recruiting department directly. Requests will be kept confidential and shared strictly on a need-to-know basis only.
We find pragmatic solutions, tailoring what we do to local situations and overcoming obstacles, rather than implementing fixed models. By...