Staff Accountant Position Summary:
The Staff Accountant is responsible for the proper and timely recording of financial transactions in the general ledger in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles. Other responsibilities include performing account analyses, preparing account reconciliations, and preparing accounting statements and reports. Plans, coordinates and resolves accounting matters with other Accounting members, departments, locations and business units.
- Ensures proper and timely recording of financial transactions in the general ledger in accordance with GAAP and stated DineEquity policy.
- Participates in month end close activities including preparation of journal entries.
- Performs variance analyses.
- Researches and resolves questionable entries (includes standard monthly data and ad-hoc requests).
- Prepares monthly account reconciliations utilizing the company’s standard format.
- Ensures that general ledger and sub-ledger are reconciled with resolution to reconciling items.
- Ensures that requisite supporting documentation is complete and straightforward.
- Researches and resolves outstanding reconciling items in a timely manner.
- Creates adjusting journal entries required to correct balances of general ledger accounts.
- Provides requisite supporting documentation to substantiate journal entries created.
- Performs responsibilities in a team environment.
- Participates actively as an Accounting team member.
- Communicates issues and resolutions to General Accounting management and affected areas/departments.
- Coordinates solutions of easy to moderate scope and complexity with other departments, locations and divisions.
- Ensures proper posting of automated, system-generated entries.
- Ensures that automated interfaces to the general ledger and from the general ledger to Financial Reporting are functioning as intended.
- Troubleshoots problems with systems personnel until resolved (resolution may include manual workarounds).
- Reviews and implements necessary internal accounting controls.
- Prepares management reports.
- Utilizes tools such as system queries and downloads, PS reporting and Excel vlookups, etc.
- Prepares interim and year-end schedules for auditors. Assists in audit requirements.
- Creates and maintains current desk procedures and manuals.
- Maintains required records, reports and files.
- 3-5+ years accounting experience.
- Working knowledge of GAAP and internal controls.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong spreadsheet (Excel) and word processing (Word) skills.
- Ability to see the "big picture," and prioritize competing requests.
- ERP experience required.
- Peoplesoft and/or Hyperion experience desired.
- Good understanding of fundamental accounting transaction flows including system interfaces.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience in Accounting.
Real Life - Benefits For You
Along with an inclusive environment and great advancement opportunities, we offer a banquet of benefits that will protect your health, ensure your future and provide the tools you need to succeed at work and in life.
Join Our Team - Apply online today.
- Competitive Pay
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Domestic Partner Benefits
- Flexible Dependent and Health Spending Accounts
- 401(k) Savings Plan with company matching
- Paid Time Off - vacation, sick and personal days
- Employee Assistance Program
- Amazing Dining Privileges
- Business casual dress
DineEquity is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to inclusion in the workplace.
DineEquity/Applebee’s/IHOP participates in E-Verify. Any future offer of employment by DineEquity/Applebee's/IHOP is contingent upon your provision of employment eligibility documents which comply with the Immigration Reform and Control Act, verification of employment eligibility through the federal government’s E-Verify system.
As an E-Verify participating employer, DineEquity/Applebee’s/IHOP is required to post the following notices supplied by the Department of Homeland Security and Office of Special Counsel.
We Participate in E-Verify We Participate in E-Verify (Spanish)
Right to Work Right to Work (Spanish)
DineEquity - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard -