The Staff Accountant position will play a critical role in the success of the Corporate Accounting Department. The individual will perform a variety of accounting functions relating to both the financial operations of the Corporate Office and the analysis of information provided by Brown & Browns individual profit centers.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
'Brown & Brown, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We take pride in the diversity of our team and seek diversity in our applicants.'
- Maintain Lease Analysis workbooks for organization
- Analyze and summarize lease contracts
- Perform intercompany rent reconciliation
- Prepare roll-forward and other monthly/quarterly schedules
- General ledger account reconciliations
- Financial statement analysis
- Prepare recurring and non-recurring general ledger journal entries
- Assist in the preparation of internal and external reporting
- Special projects
- Bachelors in Accounting
- Up to 5 years work experience in an accounting role
- 1 year prior experience with office lease contracts (reviewing/preparing) preferred but not required
- Excellent written and verbal communication, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Excel (intermediate to advanced), Word and PowerPoint; Access experience preferred but not required.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines
- Ability to absorb technical concepts quickly and, possess a strong work ethic, have excellent organizational skills, and be able to perform well independently or as part of a team.
- 17 months ago - save job