Salary Range: $60k - $70k (depending on experience)
You are a stellar Staff Accountant with expertise in revenue recognition accounting working closely with sales and professional services contracts and fixed assets who wants to work in an exciting environment, for a company that is making a real difference in the world. You are looking for a company with integrity that cares about its employees. You are expert in many of the technical aspects of Accounting with an emphasis in revenue recognition working with Sales Teams. You enjoy improving processes through automation.
You want to join our results-focused, aligned and collaborative team of Accounting and Finance professionals. We have a strong customer-focused approach and align our work to support CPP’s strategic plan. We consistently look for ways to grow professionally and improve our processes to better serve the organization.
CPP’s corporate culture is aligned, results-focused, cross-functional and committed to the professional development of all employees. We view our employees as a key asset. This position reports to the Assistant Controller.
Primary job duties include:
- Process and reconcile revenue and deferred revenue transactions, working with sales and professional services agreements
- Ensure accurate revenue, deferred revenue and cost accounting consistent with US GAAP.
- Front Line interaction with various departments including Sales, Operations, Legal, Research, and Accounts Payable. Work closely with them to streamline the processes and improve efficiency related to billings, revenue recognition and costing.
- Experience with reviewing contracts for compliance with ASU 2009-13, Multiple-Deliverable Revenue Arrangements.
- Partner with the Professional Services Account Owners to ensure that all signed contracts have completed the processing cycle, from Billing Form to Invoice generation.
- Update Professional Services revenue and cost reports on a monthly basis.
- Provide support for all aspects of month end close activities: Prepare journal entries, accruals, cost tracking and reconciliations related to professional services revenue.
- Prepare assigned Account Reconciliations and/or roll forwards schedules.
- Manage fixed asset process. Track purchases, sales or dispositions of assets and calculation of gain or loss on those transactions. Prepare depreciation journal entry on a monthly basis.
- Assist with the annual audit and providing supporting financial schedules.
- Act as Accounts Payable backup
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- 3-5 years Accounting experience, with at least 2 years in Revenue Accounting
- Demonstrated advanced skills in Excel, and high proficiency in Word
- Experience with Lawson, or a similar ERP system, is preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Cooperative, collaborative work style – teamwork approach.
CPP, Inc. - 17 months ago