Minimum of 3-4 years related experience ; Bachelor's degree in Accounting from a four-year college or university.
A demonstrated proficiency with Excel and other MS Office applications is required.
To assist in the preparation of the financial statements and other accounting reports. This position contributes substantially to the accuracy, timeliness and integrity of the financial statements and reports.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
1. Prepares and posts monthly standard and adjusting journal entries. Prepares journal entries to record financial transactions to the general ledger (cash transaction accruals, amortization’s, adjustments, allocations and intercompany activities).
2. Review assigned general ledger accounts for propriety and reasonableness, investigate questionable transactions, form reasonable conclusions, make recommendations to supervisor and prepare correcting journal entries as appropriate. Prepares monthly reconciliation of balance sheet accounts. Traces errors, researches and corrects account discrepancies.
3. Interfaces and coordinates with the Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable departments.
4. Processes payments of certain assigned payables (i.e., operating leases, etc.).
5. Facilitates fund transfers and prepares bank reconciliations.
6. Computes and determines allocation of certain expenses to various cost centers.
7. Ensures compliance with federal, state and local regulations; ensures compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and practices.
8. Assists auditors by providing supporting documentation and other related materials.
Alliance Imaging - 22 months ago