Community Resources for Justice (CRJ) is seeking a dynamic Staff Accountant II with a high level of integrity and professionalism to work in the administrative offices in Boston.
For more than 130 years, some of society’s most challenged citizens have benefitted from the programs and services CRJ provides. Our work is organized along three areas of practice:
- Social Justice Services transitions ex offenders back into mainstream society and diverts at-risk youth away from crime and toward a productive and fulfilling life;
- Community Strategies provides adults with intellectual disabilities a chance to grow and flourish in the community by offering residence in small group home settings;
Guided by excellence, creativity, and compassion, we support individual transitions, strengthen families and improve community safety.
- The Crime and Justice Institute provides research and consulting services which advance evidence-based practices that inform systems-level change. Around the nation, we are making neighborhoods safer and improving the quality of life for all through strong public policy development and legislation.
The Staff Accountant II is to assist the fiscal department in completing monthly closing tasks in a timely manner under the direction of the Manager of Accounting and Compliance.
Primary Functional Responsibilities:
- Completes schedules and reconciliations, as assigned, for accounts such as:
- Notes receivable and related income account
- Miscellaneous receivables
- Prepaid expenses and any related expense account
- Fixed assets, accumulated depreciation expense, depreciation expense
- Security deposits
- Notes payable, line of credit, bonds payable and related expense accounts
- Accrued payroll and any related accrued payroll tax and accrued fringe benefit accounts, along with any related expense accounts
- Revenue and expense account reconciliations
- Other schedules and reconciliations assigned
- Completes all agency bank reconciliations and completes Cash Management module entries in the Epicor Accounting system.
- Reconciles monthly general ledger to donor database reconciliation of all gifts, grants and in-kind donations.
- Completes certain allocations and maintains models.
- Create and upload journal entries
- Assist with external reporting and audit requests.
- Customer Focus
- Communication Skills
- Team Effectiveness
- Problem Solving & Decision Making
- Continuous Development
- Process Improvement
CRJ is looking for individuals with advanced problem solving skills, proven team building skills, energy, and strong communication skills.
CRJ provides a competitive compensation based on years of experience with an exceptional benefits package. Don’t miss out on a wonderful opportunity to advance your career and apply TODAY!
- 2-3 years experience in audit, compliance and accounting
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- Ability to multi-task and be detail oriented
- Strong Excel skills
- Experienced “Not For Profit” financial professional a plus
- Exposure to Government Contract accounting a plus
- Exposure to Federal Form 990, Massachusetts Form PC, Massachusetts Form 3ABC and Massachusetts Uniform Financial Report a plus
- Preferred familiarity with Epicor, Great Plains or similar software
- Respect the confidential nature of information accessed in the performance of the position.
Community Resources for Justice - 12 months ago