The primary purpose of this position is to prepare journal entries; review submitted transaction entries for the inclusion of appropriate supporting documentation; produce the monthly general ledger trial balance; and assist in the preparation of financial statements for the Parent company and its subsidiary companies.
· Compiles and analyzes financial information for entry into general ledger and reporting in the financial statements.
· Applies principles of accounting, and maintain the financial records in compliance with generally accepted accounting principles, Company policies, and internal controls.
· Adheres to corporate policy with respect to HIPAA and PHI.
· Meets departmental performance standards and timelines.
· Sets up and maintains account analyses, reconciling all assigned balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis.
· Reconciles Intercompany Receivables and payables accounts on monthly basis, and proves the netting out of respective balances.
· Prepares monthly intercompany settlement statements in order to settle intercompany receivables/payables.
· Prepares journal entries and posts to Platinum general ledger system.
· Updates and monitors Fixed Asset management system, and prepare depreciation entries.
· Prepares 6 month trended income statement and balance sheets, analyzing variances that exceed scope and providing explanations of variances to management.
· Receives and manages Schedule A requests from various agents, brokers, and third party ERISA compliance agents. Prepares on a weekly basis Schedule A’s for form 5500 ERISA compliance filing. Answers and supports various related inquiries from brokers and group agents.
· Reviews all expense accounts on monthly basis for reasonableness, making proposals for corrections and additional accruals, where necessary.
· Prepares monthly bank reconciliations.
· Supports Accounting Manager in preparation of ad hoc reports and reconciliations.
· Participates in annual financial audits, regulatory audits and ad hoc health plan audits.
· Updates and documents policies, procedures and walk-thru flow charts in order to comply with SOx 404 internal control standards and Company policies.
· Performs and reports on financial statement analyses.
· Completes ad hoc projects as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting.
· Minimum two years of industry or public accounting experience.
· Proficient in MS Office including advance experience with Excel and Word. Experience using Platinum for Windows and FRX accounting software is a plus.
· Strong analytical, quantitative, problem solving, and technical skills.
· Ability to comprehend, evaluate and apply government regulations and accounting guidelines.
· Strong understanding of integrated systems and ability to build efficient payroll processes.
· Demonstrated ability to interact in a positive, respectful manner and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
· Ability to display excellent customer service to meet the needs and expectations of both internal and external customers.
· Excellent listening and interpersonal communication skills to identify critical core competencies based on success factors and organizational environment.
· Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, multi-task and manage time.
· Demonstrated accuracy and productivity in a changing environment with constant interruptions.
· Demonstrated ability to analyze information, problems, issues, situations and procedures to develop effective solutions.
· Ability to exercise strict confidentiality in all matters.
Mobility: Primarily sedentary, able to sit for long periods of time.
Physical Requirements: Ability to speak, see and hear other personnel and/or objects. Ability to communicate both in oral and written form. Ability to travel within the facility. Capable of using a telephone and computer keyboard. Ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
Environmental Conditions: Usual office setting.
ASH Companies - 8 months ago