Supports various aspects of the financial cycle including, but not limited to assisting in various audits and monitoring various metrics of the business to aide in daily operational decisions. This position also requires general accounting responsibilities, including journal entries, account reconciliations and accruals.
- Compiles and analyzes financialinformation to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts, documenting business transactions.
- Performs statistical analyses todetermine trends, estimates, and significant changes, and writes narrativereports explaining findings.
- Monitors compliance with generallyaccepted accounting principles and company procedures.
- Reviews, investigates, and corrects errors and inconsistencies in financial entries, documents, and reports.
- Makes recommendations regarding theaccounting of reserves, assets, and expenditures.
- Maintain Fixed Assets Records includingacquisitions, dispositions, and asset verification audits.
- Reconcile monthly intercompanyaccounting cross charges
- Other duties as assigned
- Must have a Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance with 2-4 year experience. Public accounting experience preferred.
- Experience with ERP/Accounting software
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections.
- Working knowledge of short and long term budgeting and forecasting, rolling budgets, and product-line profitability analysis
- Proficient skills using MS Office with strong experience using Excel
- Attention to detail with an emphasis on accuracy and quality to minimize risk of errors.Strong analytical and mathematical skills
Location : This position will be located in Albany, New York. Minimal travel may be required.
Salary : Salary is commensurate with experience. This full-time position includes full company benefits.
Truepower is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the
basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, sexual orientation, national
origin, disability, marital status, military status, genetic predisposition, or
any other basis protected by law.
For over 20 years, AWS has been a leader and innovator in renewable energy technology applications and environmental services. Our...