Title: Staff Accountant
The Staff Accountant will report to the Controller and be a key member of the Finance and Accounting team. He/she will assist with the preparation of accurate financial statements, in compliance with GAAP, through Project revenue accounting, monthly general ledger closing activities, account reconciliations, reviewing financial reports, and preparing entries and analyses. The ideal candidate must be a team player who possesses a positive attitude and is self-motivated, energetic, detail-oriented, analytical and resourceful. He/she must be service-oriented to be successful, able to adapt to changing priorities, thrive in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision, exercise independent thought to constantly challenge and improve the status quo, and serve as a change agent to drive the implementation of best practices across the business.
Position Responsibilities :
- Ensure Project revenue is recognized according with contract and accounting policy. Analyze and prepare ongoing reconciliations detailing billed, unbilled and deferred amounts and assess potential revenue adjustments. Coordinate with Project leaders/team to assess available fee or risk of financial exposure.
- Assists in monthly general ledger closing activities:
- Analyzes and post financial transactions and ensures they are recorded to the appropriate general ledger accounts.
- Prepares reconciliations of balance sheet accounts, including inter-company and inter-divisional accounts.
- Reviews financial transactions to ensure that all necessary accrual and prepaid entries are completed.
- Work closely with human resources and third-party payroll provider (ADP) to ensure an efficient and accurate payroll cycle.
- Payroll, sales, franchise and personal property tax return preparation.
- Bank statement reconciliation.
- Financial statement preparation:
- Analyzes company’s financial results with respect to variances, trends and compliance with budgets, including analysis and discussion of operating results.
- Provide accurate financial information to management in a timely and structured manner, along with insight and observations to facilitate informed decisions and appropriate actions.
- Prepares weekly cash flow forecasts.
- Assist in coordinating the preparation of federal, state and local tax returns.
- Assist in coordinating the provision of information to external auditors for the annual audit.
- Establishes and maintains accounting principles, practices and procedures. Ensures that records are maintained in accordance with company policies and generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Play a key role in the implementation of a new accounting system.
- Comprehensive knowledge of all functional areas of accounting.
- Excellent technical accounting skills, including revenue recognition and tax reporting requirements.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize workflow and respond to conflicting deadlines.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to enable effective interaction with all levels of company personnel and external constituents.
- Action-oriented, able to initiate, lead and deliver change. Willing to be both a player and a coach.
- Hands-on experience, roll-up-your-sleeves mentality, able to dig into and understand details.
- High degree of proficiency with Excel, PowerPoint and Word skills.
- Knowledge and proven work experience with QuickBooks required.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance; CPA a plus.
- Minimum of five years of progressive experience in general ledger accounting and financial statement preparation.
- Proficiency and demonstrated experience in Project revenue recognition.
Alsbridge, Inc. - 11 months ago