Amax Incorporated is a global leader in the development, sales and distribution of high performance of fice products and tools . Our team is focused on developing superior innovative solutions that exceed our consumers’ expectations. We currently develop, manufacture and distribute office products under the Stanley Bostitch ® , Black & Decker ® , and PaperPro ® brand names. With operations in the USA, Canada, Europe, Latin America, Taiwan, and China, we are always looking for outstanding talent to continue our legacy of excellence
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Title: Staff Accountant
Reports To: C.F.O.
1. Prepare s account reconciliations, monthly accruals and monthly journal entries
2. Perform s variance analysis and account review s
3. Prepare s monthly bank reconciliations
4. Assist s in the month and year-end closings and financial reporting
5. Support s in the development of the annual budget
6. Provide s audit assistance
7. Perform s other functions and special projects as assigned
Minimum Ability, Skill, and Knowledge Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 2+ years of experience in accounting
- Extensive knowledge of computers, Windows (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and accounting software
- Previous experience with Great Plains is not required, but strongly preferred
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy and process
- Ability to self-organize and meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels, both internally and externally
- The capacity to grow and take on additional responsibility as the company continues its rate of fast-paced growth
This position has no supervisory responsibilities. However, this position does provide guidance to staff members and coordination /project management with outside vendors.
Bachelor’s degree from 4 year College or University and 2+ years of relevant accounting experience.
This position is located in East Greenwich , RI . Employees must adhere to Amax Incorporated polici es and procedures. Regular and predictable attendance is required. Willingness and ability to work non-standard business hours such as nights and weekends on an as-needed basis is required. Employees must be able to cope effectively with deadlines and multiple demands. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
For more information on employment at Amax Incorporated , please contact us at careers@amaxinc .com .
Stanley Bostitch ® and Black & Decker ® office products are manufactured under license by Amax International. Stanley Bostitch ® and Black & Decker ® are registered trademarks of Stanley Black & Decker Incorporated or its affiliates and used under license.
Monster - 14 months ago