This position is primarily responsible for assisting the
Manager of Financial Reporting in performing the following tasks: recording monthly journal entries, preparing account reconciliations, analyzing variances within expense categories and preparing internal and external financial reports
Accurate financial reporting and adequate internal controls ensure that financial reports are in compliance with GAAP and provide management and investors with the information required to make sound decisions.
- Employee has direct responsibility for analyzing and reconciling various balance sheet accounts to ensure that financial statements are in accordance with GAAP.
- Employee assists in preparing supporting documentation for external (SEC) reporting, internal management reporting and Tax reporting.
- Employee assists with monthly variance analysis.
- Review and reconcile various accounts to ensure proper account activity on a monthly basis, including proper location coding.
- Prepare detailed expense analysis for various operating expense categories.
This analysis is done to assist management in explaining operating expense variances on a monthly, quarterly and year-to-date basis.
- Preparation of monthly journal entries for general accounting purposes as assigned.
- Assist the Manager of Financial Reporting in providing supporting documentation and analysis for the external reporting process, including periodic SEC reports, miscellaneous governmental reports, and the annual report.
- Support the audit process and facilitate tax reporting preparation of detailed analysis and ad-hoc reports.
- Responsible for analyzing and reconciling various balance sheet accounts to ensure that financial statements are in accordance with GAAP.
- Assist in preparing supporting documentation for external (SEC) reporting and Tax reporting.
- Responsible for the preparation of external industry and government surveys.
Education and Experience Required:
BA/BS degree in Accounting or Finance.
Two years experience in an accounting function, preferably involving Financial Statement preparation or review.
Experience with PeopleSoft preferred.
Ability to communicate accounting concepts and departmental practices clearly and concisely both orally and in writing.
Possess strong organizational and priority-setting skills.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications – Excel and Word
Capable of working independently to complete assignments in a timely manner.
America has a gas with AmeriGas Partners. Purveying propane has propelled the company to its position as the top US retail propane marketer...