The Staff Accountant position requires an organized and highly motivated team player with strong initiative, communication skills and an understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) to assist with monthly financial close activities including but not limited to journal entry preparation, account analysis and balance sheet reconciliation. The incumbent prepares financial reports through analysis of basic operating statistics and/or financial data. The Staff Accountant also supports operations in understanding their financial information and identifying opportunities to maximize financial performance.
- Assistance with monthly financial close activities, including the following:
- Originate journal entries in Oracle financial software.
- Assist in analysis of P&L accounts in team-based approach for U.S. operations (approximately 20,000 cell phone towers).
- Perform straightforward balance sheet reconciliations.
- Maintain Sarbanes-Oxley documentation and check lists.
- Month-end close is typically 5 business days plus a few days of preparation before month-end close.
- Non-close activities:
- Assist with monthly operations reporting (SEC reporting is performed in our Boston headquarters with support from our team).
- Assist with monthly close call with operations and develop responses to information requests or issues highlighted by operations.
- Assist with various projects to drive value through financial analysis.
- Miscellaneous basic accounting tasks such as calculating commissions and creating audit schedules (internal and external).
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Detail oriented, able to multitask and meet deadlines
- Familiarity with GAAP.
- Familiarity with the MS Office Professional suite, particularly Excel
- The incumbent must be flexible as there may be workweeks that require more than 40 hours to ensure the positions expectations and responsibilities are met.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Degree is accounting or finance strongly preferred.
- 1-2 years of experience in finance close environment strongly preferred.
100% performed in climate-controlled internal office environment working under normal office conditions. Approximately 0-5% travel will be required in support of the position’s responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; stand; walk; use hands and finger to feel and handle; reach with arms and hands; talk and hear. While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel, and crouch; lift weight or exert a force up to a maximum of 25 pounds.
We are a dynamic organization in a rapidly changing industry. Accordingly, the responsibilities associated with this job will change from time to time in accordance with the Company’s business needs. More specifically, the incumbent may be required to perform additional and/or different responsibilities from those set forth above.
The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job.
American Tower Corporation is committed to a policy of equal employment and will not discriminate against an applicant or associate based on his or her age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, creed, religion, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, marital status, familial status, physical or mental disability, handicap, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy or any other category protected under federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance.
In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process can contact us at (617) 587-7911 for assistance.
American Tower - 22 months ago
American Tower, an S&P 500 and a Forbes Global 2000 company, is a leading independent owner, operator and developer of wireless...