This position will support the Benefits Finance and Accounting departments in Reston, VA. Tasks and responsibilities will be to support both departments with finance and accounting responsibilities along with various ad-hoc tasks.
Responsibilities within the Benefits Finance Department:
- Process monthly directives to the trustees to directly pay vendors from the trust
- Maintain invoice payment details and trust plan allocations on Excel
- Code applicable Benefits Invoices to appropriate trust plan or department general ledger codes and submit to Accounts Payable
- Monitor the Controller¡¦s budget and expenses as well as Benefit Finance Purchase Orders
- Process monthly Health & Welfare (H&W) and Non-Qualified Pension (NQ) benefit charge and credit allocations to the various business units, including the payments to the H&W carriers, H&W charge allocations, Retiree and Bill Manager employee contributions credit allocation and NQ PAYGO benefit payment charge allocation
- Assist Sr. Benefits Accountant with annual trust benefit plan audits by creating supporting schedules for the financial audit; gathering supporting documentation for testing and answering auditor inquiries
- Enter monthly benefit general ledger reconciliations into BlackLine software
- Reconcile the H&W trust and bank accounts monthly
- Other ad-hoc and administrative duties such as IRS or other filings, etc.
Responsibilities for the Accounting department:
- Vouch all intercompany AP invoices in Oracle and regularly track Intercompany Work Order (IWO) funding and Period of performance for each IWO
- Review all supporting documentation provided with invoices in accordance with company policy
- Assist with month-end close process by reconciling accounts, preparing journal entries, and posting cash receipts relate to benefit and pension receivables
- Process all insurance invoices and handle any insurance related matters
- Assist with Control Owner Self Assessments for the Accounting department Required Education:
- 1+ years accounting experience with general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable - Proficient in MS WORD and Excel SW programs - Some experience with ORACLE accounting software preferred - Strong communication and writing skills required (will be working with vendors, trustees, business units and middle management) Preferred Skills:
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 100,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
People are the greatest asset in any Company ...
BAE Systems is committed to a high performance culture and provides an environment that challenges our employees to be remarkable and obtain their full potential.
Equal Opportunity Employer. Females. Minorities. Veterans. Disabled
BAE Systems is the premier trans-Atlantic defense and aerospace company, delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and...