Overall responsibility is to assist and support all the functions of the Finance Department. Responsibilities include Payroll, Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable functions. Performs a variety of bookkeeping, clerical, administrative and general office duties requiring the exercise of independent judgment.
Safety is #1 at BTD: Our expectation is that every employee: 1) Strictly follows safety policies, rules and safe work methods. 2) Promptly corrects or reports safety hazards or unsafe conditions. Promptly reports injuries for prompt diagnosis and treatment. 3) Makes regular suggestions for safety process improvements to support continuous improvement in safety.
1. Prepares accounts payable invoices for payment, matching invoice to receiving documents. Ensures proper authorization and timely, accurate payment to vendors.
2. Prepares accounts payable payments (to include check printing) by generating payment for vouchers due.
3. Maintains electronic files of all accounts payable invoices, related debit memos, packing slips and bills of ladings.
4. Reconciles vouchers payable register supporting documentation, investigating and resolving discrepancies. Assists with the preparation of monthly bank reconciliation’s by reconciling cash disbursement accounts to bank statements.
5. Addresses calls from suppliers regarding payment/paperwork issues. Resolves issues by working with Purchasing and Receiving.
6. Assists in invoicing company’s customers on a timely, complete, and accurate manor, to insure the company bills a customer for all that has been agreed to by the customer.
7. Posts daily cash receipts and applies detailed cash remittances to customer accounts. Reviews and posts customer debit and credit memos, reconciling to BTD’s return authorizations.
8. Resolves customer’s issues regarding payment/paperwork by working with the customer’s personnel and BTD’s Sales and Customer Service departments.
9. Monitors aging accounts to assess customers’ timeliness of payments. Communicates with customers in an effective manner to resolve past due account balances.
10. Maintains customer’s credit limits. Collects credit information from new customers, determining appropriate credit limit based on credit references.
11. Process payroll weekly for hourly employees, processes all payroll tax payments
12. Assists Finance department with other projects as needed.
13. Uses Axapta software programs to enter time/payroll information, job information, etc.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Four years of college level coursework in accounting or business administration.
2. Minimum one (1) year directly related experience.
Experience and Skills Required:
1. At least one year of recent experience which provides the following skills and abilities:
2. Knowledge of modern office practices and procedures.
3. Knowledge of correct grammar, spelling and punctuation.
4. Knowledge of basic accounting principles and the ability to apply them.
5. Must be able to maintain clerical records and a filing system.
6. Must be able to operate a microcomputer, other office equipment and knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet software.
7. Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, and have good public relations skills.
8. The qualifications listed above are guidelines. Other combinations of education and experience could provide the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities to perform this job.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of the job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of the job, the employee may be exposed to weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
BTD - 15 months ago