The Staff Accountant position will play a critical role in the success of the Corporate Accounting Department. The individual will perform a variety of accounting functions relating to both the financial operations of the Corporate Office and the analysis of information provided by Brown & Browns individual profit centers.
Responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
- Prepare roll-forward and other monthly/quarterly schedules
- General ledger account reconciliations
- Financial statement analysis
- Prepare recurring and non-recurring general ledger journal entries
- Assist in the preparation of internal and external reporting
- Special projects
- Bachelors in Accounting
- Up to 5 years work experience in an accounting role
- Excellent written and verbal communication, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Excel (intermediate to advanced), Word and PowerPoint
- Ability to handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines
- Ability to absorb technical concepts quickly and, possess a strong work ethic, have excellent organizational skills, and be able to perform well independently or as part of a team.
Brown & Brown, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At Brown & Brown, Inc. our continued success depends on the full and effective recruitment and employment of qualified persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, disability or veteran status. We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment. It is our goal to recruit, hire and develop the best employees using only job-related qualifications.
Our equal employment opportunity philosophy, in accordance with federal, state and local law, applies to all aspects of employment with Brown & Brown including recruiting, hiring, training, transfer/promotion, compensation, benefits and termination. At Brown & Brown we strive to ensure that our human resource practices are free of discriminatory practices and that employment decisions are made on the basis of job-related qualifications, including personal competence and potential for advancement.
- 13 months ago - save job