Location - Dallas, Texas
The Staff Accountant contributes as a business partner by the effective and consistent delivery of Accounting Services that enhance the company’s mission, purpose and core values.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate core competencies in the following areas:
The successful candidate will possess the following required degrees, certificates or competencies:
- Reconciles bank accounts and ties to general ledger cash balances with supporting schedules on a monthly basis.
- Coordinates with accounts payable and receivable specialists to ensure their accounting activities have been completed for the month before beginning the monthly closing of the accounting records.
- Verifies that all transactions have been coded and posted correctly to the general ledger and subsidiary accounting records, and prepares adjusting journal entries as needed to make corrections.
- Verifies that financial and tenant reports are correct and agree with the underlying accounting and tenant records.
- Maintains cash balances in accordance with client requirements and prepares transfer and funding requests as well as monthly recurring mortgage, insurance and miscellaneous payments.
- Assembles, for assigned properties, monthly closing and reporting packages for Controller and Property Managers to approve before completing month-end closing process.
- Closes accounting records for the month and distributes financial and tenant reports to clients and others as directed.
- Prepares monthly journal entries and audit packages. Prepares and files 1099s and city, county, state and federal business, sales, and property tax returns for assigned properties.
- Prepares/reviews and assists with annual recovery reconciliations and estimated tenant billings.
- Other duties as assigned by Controller and other leaders of the Real Estate Management Services organization.
Compensation and Benefits
Competitive salary including a full range of health benefits, vacation plan, 401K and other benefits are available.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance is required.
- Minimum of 3 years as an Accountant performing general ledger and financial reporting functions in a high growth environment. Real Estate industry or commercial property management experience an asset.
- Excellent computer skills with a high degree of proficiency in Excel, Word and other accounting software.
- Proficiency with computer applications required, including accounting software, Microsoft, Windows, Excel, Word, and Outlook. Working experience with MRI and Yardi is helpful.
- Independent, self-starter, team player with the ability to build consensus and effective relationships in a cohesive business environment .
- Provides high degree of professional customer service to both internal and external parties.
- Excellent communication, inter-personal and excellent telephone skills.
- Able to work comfortably under pressure, deal with multiple deadlines, effectively handle stressful situations, deal intuitively with situations, and work with minimal direction/supervision.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
Colliers International provides equal employment opportunity to all persons. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against because of race, creed, origin, marital status, sexual orientation, age, otherwise qualified disabled or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Colliers International - 18 months ago
Colliers Macaulay Nicolls, or CMN International, is the largest member of Colliers International's global network of affiliated...