The Staff Accountant will provide financial reporting, accounting and budgeting support for various departments and their management. This position will be hands-on in the development and maintenance of all finance and accounting policy, procedures and training. The Accountant will also be a central figure in the development and implementation of our Travel and Expense policy.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Prepares journal entries and account reconciliations and analyze the general ledger for various departments. Manage prepaid assets process.
· Prepares batch processing of Accounts Payable invoices on a daily basis, including working with the Purchase Order program to assist in this processing
· Assists with weekly check runs in Accounts Payable, including electronic filing of invoices
· Assists with the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual close packages, including income statements, balance sheets, cash flow schedules and related variance analysis / explanations against budget and forecast.
· Communicates and interacts regularly with operating management and personnel; handle questions, as well as research and perform additional analysis as needed to support business needs.
· Assists in the preparation, consolidation and analysis of annual budget, multi-year business plan and various financial analyses for lines of businesses.
· Enhances financial reporting and streamline, refine and improve the consolidation process to assist management and improve departmental workflow.
· Leader for the Travel and Expense corporate program utilizing Concur
· Reviews and updates SOX narratives
· Assists with special projects as needed
· B.A. or B.S. in Accounting
· Minimum 3 years of relevant experience
· Previous Accounts Payable experience
· Previous experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Visio, and PowerPoint
· Previous Entertainment experience
· Ability to develop on-going partnerships with both internal and external stakeholders
· Works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values; accepts responsibility for own actions
· Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedback; contribute to building a positive team spirit
· Treat people with respect; keep commitments; inspire the trust of others
Note: Relocation will not be provided .