The Staff Accountant will play a key role as an active member of the finance team. In compliance with the BU reporting deadlines and requirements, the selected individual will perform journal entry preparations, monthly and quarterly account analyses, fixed asset administration, bank reconciliations, track and record project hours, assist with internal controls testing, assist with the year-end external audit, and various ad hoc projects. The most ideal candidate will have excellent organizational and communication skills, attention to detail, problem-solving, and accountability.
- Assist in the preparation of the monthly financial statements and general ledger closing process.
- Prepare monthly journal entries for assigned cash, accrual, fixed asset, royalty, intangibles and prepaid accounts.
- Enter monthly journal entries into Oracle general ledger accounting software.
- Responsible for preparation of monthly bank account reconciliations.
- Prepare account reconciliations/analyses of various general ledger accounts.
- Analyze and report capital expenditures.
- Calculate monthly depreciation of fixed assets.
- Oversee annual fixed asset inventory project and reconcile project results.
- Add/update customers and vendors into Oracle.
- Receive, analyze and disseminate royalty calculations and information.
- Perform internal controls testing.
- Complete other tasks as assigned by the General Accounting Manager.
Looking for a high caliber staff accountant with experience in a corporate environment that is looking for a challenging but rewarding career opportunity. Individual must be well organized, detail oriented, and able to meet deadlines. Need a quick learner, who is able to work independently and manage multiple complex tasks. Selected individual must be able to promote a positive work ethic and demonstrate commitment to DSM Biomedical corporate values. Experience with Oracle E-Business Suite applications would be highly beneficial. This is a great chance for someone to gain exposure in a growing corporation that is also extremely stable and offers a potential for career development.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in an accounting role or function.
- BS or BA degree majoring in Accounting or Finance required.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently in order to meet deadlines.
- Detail oriented and highly organized.
- Effective communication skills, both written and oral.
- Strong computer skills including a proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Experience with Oracle software a plus.
- Experience with Fixed Asset accounting responsibilities a plus.
- Prior experience in a manufacturing industry/company and forecasting a plus.
The Procedure and Contact
Please apply online and send your resume and cover letter in English and include information on your current remuneration.
Please submit application before deadline: 30/09/2013
DSM wants to get more out of life, or at least life and material sciences. It focuses on nutritional products and performance materials,...