This individual will fill a key role within the accounting group. The position will support various aspects of finance and accounting for the company. The successful candidate will need to be effective and experienced in the general accounting function. The candidate will fit well in an environment that rewards bright, self-starting, energetic, and focused individuals with ever increasing responsibility and challenge. The candidate will need to have strong problem solving skills, work ethic, organization skills, attention to detail, decision making skills, and working with others. This position reports directly to the Controller.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Daily Accounts Payable processing.
- Establishes and maintains files and records.
- Recommends processes to streamline and automate routine tasks.
- Cross-trained to backup Accounts Receivable statements, billing, and invoicing.
- Invoicing and vendor/customer communication on an as needed basis to answer questions and clear up discrepancies.
- Recommends actions to resolve discrepancies.
- Update and maintain fixed asset ledger and reconcile to employee records and general ledger.
- Compile data and prepare a variety of reports.
- Assist controller with preparing monthly financial reports and schedules.
- Investigates questionable data.
- Provide excellent customer service to both our internal and external customers.
- Maintain Purchase Order Processing System.
- Manage employee credit card applications and charges.
- Other duties as directed by management.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, or a Bachelor’s degrees in business with emphasis in accounting.
- 2-3 years of hands on experience working in AP/AR within a corporate accounting department a plus.
- Basic overall accounting knowledge.
- Must be highly skilled in use of Excel spreadsheets.
- Must possess a strong work ethic and exhibit a positive attitude at the work place.
- Professed in mathematical abilities.
- Excellent overall verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be trustworthy, confidential, honest, approachable, responsive, helpful and communicative.
- Ability to soak up the pressure to meet the deadlines of preparing checks in a time-bound manner.
- Must be flexible with the ability to assist in other areas when necessary.
- Ability to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must Display good customer service, competency in grammar coupled with strong ability to follow instruction.
- Ability to work efficiently with little or no supervision.
Donan offers very competitive compensation and benefit packages, and all of the latest business tools and technology. Please visit our website at www.Donan.com for additional information. Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Frequently required to stand on one’s feet for prolonged periods of time.
- Frequently required to lift and/or move objects weighing up to 25 lbs.
- Frequently required to balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Frequently required to reach with hands and arms.
- Frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Frequently required to sit at a computer and look at a computer screen for extended periods of time.
Donan is an E-Verify participating employer.
Donan Engineering - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard