Under the direction of the Controller the Staff Accountant is primarily responsible for general ledger transactions. This position is also responsible for weekly and monthly reports for the Georgia Aquarium and Affiliates, reconciliation of cash and credit cards, participate in the month end close process and perform other accounting functions and projects. This position is also responsible for accurate processing and recording of the Aquarium’s payroll
1. Maintain and develop weekly and monthly reports for the Georgia Aquarium.
2. Maintain weekly and monthly reports for the Affiliates.
3. Perform all invoicing duties.
4. Reconcile cash and credit card transactions.
5. Provide payments to 3rd Party Vendors and Affiliates.
6. Work on various spreadsheets and prepare monthly G/L account reconciliations.
7. Maintain company dashboard and attendance.
8. Perform daily payroll operations, which include updating employee files.
9. Reconcile payroll prior to transmission and validate confirmed reports.
10. Understand proper taxation of employer paid benefits.
11. Maintains employee wellness time tracking system.
12. Handles employee payroll inquires to ensure quick, equitable, courteous resolution.
13. Execute time and attendance processing and interface with payroll.
14. Process accurate and timely year-end reporting when necessary (W-2, W-2c, etc).
15. Process manual checks.
16. Upload files to fund appropriate benefits.
17. Protect organizational/employee confidentiality and proprietary information.
18. To perform other duties as workload necessitates
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance required.
2. 2 to 5 years of Accounting experience.
3. Experience with Great Plains accounting software.
4. Experience with ADP payroll software a plus.
5. Effective problem analysis and resolution skills.
6. Above average ability to organize, manage time and set priorities while meeting deadlines.
7. Ability to be flexible and shift priorities to meet departmental requirements.
8. Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism, integrity and confidentiality.
9. Superior verbal and written communication skills.
10. Ability to research and analyze various different types of data information.
11. Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Georgia Aquarium - 2 years ago