ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Reconciles various general ledger accounts monthly.
• Assists in month-end closing process including preparation of specified accounting records for month end closing and analysis.
• Analyzes general ledger accounts and invoices to identify costs that should be capitalized.
• Ensures assets are correctly entered into the fixed assets sub-ledger.
• Codes invoices for fixed asset purchases with appropriate general ledger account number, business unit, or cost center.
• Prepares journal entries with supporting documentation, including maintenance and reconciliation of fixed assets sub-ledger.
• Monitors and reviews accounting and related system reports for completeness and accuracy.
• Reviews, investigates, and corrects errors and inconsistencies in financial entries, documents, and reports.
• Monitors and ensures compliance with generally accepted accounting principles, Sarbanes-Oxley 404 control procedures, and company procedures.
• Completes forms to record asset transfers, sales, and disposals.
• Ensures accurate and timely completion of assigned tasks.
• Prepares or assists in preparation of schedules to be provided to the external and internal auditors.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information. Collects and researches data. Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
• Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Develops alternative solutions. Works well in group problem solving situations.
• Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively. Edits work for spelling and grammar. Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively. Able to read and interpret written information.
• Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments. Inspires the trust of others. Works with integrity and ethically. Upholds organizational values.
• Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures. Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time. Supports organization's goals and values. Benefits organization through outside activities. Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
• Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities. Uses time efficiently. Plans for additional resources. Sets goals and objectives. Develops realistic action plans.
• Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction. Takes responsibility for own actions. Keeps commitments. Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
• Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in Accounting/Finance from four-year college or university and 1-3 years related experience and/or training
• Certified Public Accountant license a plus
Ignite Restaurant Group
- 2 years ago - save job
Ignite Restaurant Group is a portfolio of restaurant concepts fused together by a common commitment to provide guests with memorable,...