Keynote Systems, Inc. is the global leader in Internet and mobile cloud monitoring. We provide companies with software solutions for continuously improving the online experience. Our testing, monitoring and measurement products and services are used by a variety of enterprises such as online portals, e-commerce sites, B2B sites, mobile operators and mobile infrastructure providers. With Keynote, companies know precisely how their Web sites, content, and applications perform on actual browsers, networks, and mobile devices. We are seeking a Staff Accountant, located in our San Mateo, CA headquarters.
Since the dawn of the Internet, Keynote Systems (NASDAQ: KEYN) has been in the business of helping our customers improve their Web site performance and mobile communications quality. Founded in 1995, Keynote keeps pace with the market, providing a breadth of products and services that help improve the online experience in four areas: Web performance, mobile quality, streaming, and real user experience testing. With more than 3,000 measurement computers and mobile devices in more than 240 locations we represent the largest geographic coverage of online users in the world.
Today, we assist more than 2,800 corporate customers in becoming “the best of the best.” Our customers represent top Internet and mobile companies including Best Buy, Disney, eBay, E*TRADE, Expedia, FedEx, Google, Microsoft, and YouTube.
Reporting directly to the Assistant Controller, the Staff Accountant will plan, manage, and oversee the accurate, timely, and efficient analysis, maintenance, and reconciliation of fixed assets and purchasing activities (i.e. full cycle of fixed assets and purchasing processes), and maintain. One of the primary goals of this position is to evaluate current accounting processes and recommend system enhancements and procedural changes to improve productivity and performance. This position will also serve as a resource for the Accounting team and other internal customers on all fixed assets/purchasing and system-related questions.
- Maintenance of Purchase Requisition System (Reqlogic)
- Reviewing and approving purchase orders
- Process Purchase Order within a 48 hour-turnaround
- Work with IT to properly code equipment purchases
- Issues tags for equipment on purchase order and locate packing slip to receive equipment/services into Solomon Systems and prepare documentation for AP vouching
- Work closely with Accounts Payable team to book monthly accrual relating to items not covered in the Purchase Order
- Run outstanding PO report, communicate with employees to determine closure of PO
- Manage all activities to successfully record and reconcile Fixed Assets in Worth It systems.
- Work with IT to determine disposal of Fixed Assets
- Prepare annual property tax filing for multiple states
- Work with state auditor on annual property tax audit
- Responsible for monthly tracking, record and reconciliation of inventory
- Interact with the production team and Seattle team to identify completed units monthly
- Support quarterly and annual audits including preparing associated PBC list and tax list. Assist in annual audit confirmations
- Handle all Goodwill and Intangible activities includes preparing reports for SEC and tax filing
- Reconcile Accounts Payable and Use Tax accounts
- Involved with SOX reviewing and testing for the area of Purchase Order, Fixed Assets, and Inventory.
- Assist with enforcing policy and procedure
- Prepare quarterly use tax return with multiple states
- Bachelors degree in accounting and 3-5 years+ of accounting experience within fast-paced, deadline-driven environments of a mid-size or major high technology company
- Excellent logic and reasoning skills with the ability to focus on small details as well as the big picture.
- Exceptional planning, multi-tasking, project management, and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in the use of automated accounting systems (preferably Solomon), Fixed Assets system, purchasing systems (Reqlogic), and MS Office applications (Excel, Word, Outlook)
Keynote Systems - 15 months ago
- 10 hours ago
San Francisco, CA
- 7 days ago
Staff Accountant II
San Francisco Ballet
San Francisco, CA
San Francisco Ballet
- 10 days ago
Keynote is the global leader in Internet and mobile cloud testing & monitoring. We provide companies with solutions for continuously...