We are looking for a motivated individual to join our Accounting Department. The ideal candidate would have 1 to 2 years of public accounting experience – preferably with some tax experience.
- Assists with month-end and year-end close processes including preparation and review of journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations on a timely basis
- Works closely with junior staff while working on monthly close and other tasks
- Responsible for the integrity of the general ledger
- Ensures that all accounts are reviewed accurately and in a timely fashion
- Preparation of some financial analytics may be required
- Provides financial status information by preparing special reports; completing special projects
- Assist with payroll administration
- Assist with preparation and coordination of the audit process
- Assist with implementing and maintaining internal financial controls and procedures
- Assist with state tax questions and tax research
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business.
- 1-2 years of experience in the public accounting field
- Experience with grant accounting a plus but not required
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
- Hard-working, self-motivated, and possesses a positive attitude and strong drive for success in a team environment.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to perform effectively within deadlines
- Ability to solve routine problems following established policies and procedures
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Quickbooks experience is required.
- Microsoft Excel skills are required.
Indeed - 15 months ago