The Staff Accountant is responsible for assisting in month end closing, assigned journal entries, account reconciliations and GL analysis. Also participates in and supports month end financial reporting, internal and external audits and ad hoc projects.
• Responsible for assigned areas in the general ledger including journal entries, analyzes and reconciles interfaces with ledger accounts.
• Responsible for assisting in the monthly preparing and coordinating of intercompany reconciliations to ensure transactions are accurately recorded.
• Supports reporting and analysis of monthly and quarterly results.
• Assists in reconciling accounts and evaluating the accuracy and effectiveness of the accounting system; communicate any problems or discrepancies to the manager for guidance toward resolution of the problem.
• Prepares ad hoc reports for management - including various department requests.
Required Skills & Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
• 2-4 years of hands on accounting experience
• Large corporate and/or public accounting preferred
• Strong knowledge of basic accounting concepts
• Experience with ERP systems (Oracle, Hyperion and JD Edwards), strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word, BlackLine exposure a plus
• Excellent analytical skills
• Strong work ethic
• Initiative to meet deadlines
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and levels of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of the candidate.
Neopost USA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Neopost USA - 23 months ago