Outsell, Inc. is looking for a Staff Accountant to assume accounting responsibilities worldwide. The successful candidate will manage sales order administration, accounts payable and receivable, and support month end close and account reconciliations for this global and growing company, working closely with the firm’s Controller and VP, Finance & Administration to ensure the financial health of this organically funded firm.
Qualifications and Experience
- Sales Order Administration – Process sales orders in Netsuite in accordance with Outsell’s sales order acceptance policies and procedures. Support Finance team on order acceptance best practices and process improvement initiatives. Prepare monthly sales commission report.
- Accounts Receivable/Collections: Prepare/post invoices and apply payments and process all deposits for US and UK accounts receivable. Make collection calls and emails as directed by Controller and process credit card payments for clients. Research and resolve accounts receivable issues and prepare collection reports. Maintain all client related correspondence in company CRM system.
- Month End Close and Account Reconciliation – Reconcile deposits and cash receipts in Netsuite to bank statement and assist in journalizing bank reconciliation adjusting entries. Perform various detailed month-end GL account reconciliation for certain expense accounts for financial analysis and prepare month-end journal entries and reconcile account balances.
- Accounts Payable: Ensure timely payments of worldwide accounts payable obligations including processing invoices, matching invoices against purchase orders, obtaining appropriate approvals, and manage timely check runs to avoid late/too early payments. Investigate and resolve invoicing issues with vendors and team leaders and collect and maintain vendor data and AP records. Track & report purchase requisitions/purchase orders in Netsuite and report unbilled PR balances weekly. Process month-end AP accrual entry and review and post the corporate credit card transactions and supporting documentation.
- Expense Report Reconciliation: Reconcile employee expense reports on monthly basis to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures. Prepare expense report summaries and American Express bill summary for month-end journal entry accrual and coding.
- Administration & Filing: Maintain supplier and client records (both paper and electronic), and accounting transaction backup materials in accordance with finance policies and procedures. Serve on project team for firm’s paperless initiative to move front office filings to electronic filing system. Maintain vendor records in Netsuite and assist in processing rewards purchase for company incentive programs.
- Year-end Review Support: Assist in year-end review and data collection for annual tax return. Process 1099 and 1096 documents at year-end.
- Projects: Work with the finance team on projects as requested.
It is important that the successful candidate reflect Outsell's core values:
- 2+ years previous experience in general ledger, accounts receivable, and accounts payable required. Degree in Accounting or related field strongly preferred.
- A self-starter with excellent organizational skills and superior attention to detail.
- Able to multi-task and handle a variety of projects and tasks.
- Team oriented, flexible, and able to work independently and collaboratively in a virtual office environment with multiple goals and projects while delivering quality work consistently and on time.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint) and overall comfort with technology required. Experience with NetSuite preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, writing, and communication skills, as well as demonstrated ability to present information succinctly and, where possible, visually.
- Demonstrated maturity and professionalism, and customer service oriented.
At Outsell, we strive to delight our clients and provide a "wow” experience whenever possible. In all things we do, we attempt to achieve win-win-win outcomes through:
Service. We are client-centered, good listeners, easy to do business with, and focused on high-touch relationships.
Innovation and creativity. We are can-do, agile, and embrace change.
Integrity. We are honest, ethical, and direct in all of our dealings.
Accountability. We say what we’ll do, do what we say, and do the right thing.
Results. We are committed to helping our clients achieve high-quality, actionable results.
Influence. We are a trusted advisor and unbiased thought-leader.
Teamwork. We collaborate with our clients and each other.
Fun, freedom and family. We get the job done on a schedule that works for each of us, our clients, and our colleagues.
Kaizen. We are always learning and improving.
Commitment. We are stewards of what we stand for, focused on running a financially healthy business while being active citizens in the world.
Outsell, Inc. - 13 months ago