Oxford Industries: Staff Accountant
The Oxford Industries Staff Accountant performs a wide variety of accounting functions, including establishing and maintaining accounting records for a combination of general accounting and cost systems, preparation of monthly and annual financial statements. Duties of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Performs month end closing of retail stores, restaurants, merchandising, manufacturing, and distribution charge companies including account analysis and journal entries.
- Analyzes variances and trends on the Financial Statements
- Prepares account reconciliations including inventory, prepaids and accruals
- Reconciles bank accounts and resolve pending items
- Processes miscellaneous accounts payable transactions
- Maintains and prepare spreadsheets for account analysis and reconciliation
- Supports Senior Accountants and Accounting Managers with internal and external auditors' requests.
- Observes and reconciles physical inventory
- Communicates with Group/Store personnel on accounting issues
- Minor travel required and must be able to work some weekends during the year and overtime as needed
Oxford Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Bachelor's in Accounting, Finance, or related degree.
- 0-3 years of relevant experience
- Proficient computer skills (Excel, Access, Outlook)
- SAP GL experience (a plus)
- Ability to meet deadlines and handle multiple tasks
- Detail oriented
- Strong communication skills
- Self Starter
- Team Player
Oxford Industries, Inc. is an international apparel design, sourcing and marketing company featuring a diverse portfolio of owned and...