ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
include the following.
Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintain the Fixed Asset and associated depreciation schedules on the FAS Software System; provide monthly detail General Journal entries; insure proper recording of new purchases and disposals.
- Maintain open GRN analysis system.
- Maintain analysis on open Purchase Order items.
- Assist on AP / AR aging analysis.
- Assist on cycle count system analysis.
- Assure the integrity of general ledgers.
- Assist in the completion of the balance sheet and P&L analysis and their analysis.
- Reviews cost center and chart of account structures. Makes recommendations as to cost center/account structure that will identify the nature of expenses to their proper area; assists in controlling annual expenditures and streamlines the data processing support required during month-end.
- Prepares, verifies, executes and controls the entering of journal entries to the general ledger.
- Evaluates subsidiary journals for obvious errors and omissions and enters corrected data into the general ledger. Performs all tasks associated with the general ledger, i.e., enters monthly journal entries, executes monthly closing entries, executes month-end general ledger
by cost center and by general ledger account).
- Assists in coordinating monthly closing and production of financial statements to guarantee timely reporting at a legal entity level.
- Reviews, redesigns, and enhances the on-line financial statements to ensure that the information reported properly reflects the company's financial position.
- Reviews supporting schedules to ensure that the Company's accounting practices are being maintained, i.e., insurance, fixed assets, amortization of prepaid; makes recommendations where applicable.
- Prepares state sales and use tax reports.
- Assists with the company’s tax management and tax / legal related activities.
- Assists in the creation and documentation of the department internal procedures.
- Assists in the improvement of existing processes.
- Assists in reviewing and updating monthly closing procedures.
- Manage credit card applications and charges.
- Process Accounts Payable paperwork at completion of the payment run.
- Prepare mailings and priority shipments for the Finance/Accounting Department.
- Prepare labels and maintain files as needed within the department.
- Prepare correspondence as needed within the department.
- Assist with payroll booking system and payroll related items.
- Assist in tracking and maintaining company insurance policies.
- Perform such other accounting, financial, or administrative tasks as may be required from time to time – quite often on short notice.
- Reviews accounts payable aging and vendor statements for problems. Reviews and documents present accounting practices and procedures.
- Reviews accounts receivable aging and customer statements for problems. Reviews and documents present accounting practices and procedures.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
A Bachelors degree in accounting, or a Bachelors degree in business with emphasis in accounting preferred.
1-5 years prior accounting experience preferred.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Partner Finance - 30+ days ago
Education Finance Partners is founded on the belief that every person who wants a college education should have the financial resources to a...