Reporting to the Controller, the Staff Accountant is responsible for completion of the month-end close process leading to the timely production of accurate financial statements in accordance with GAAP. The Accountant will report to the Controller and work with groups within Finance, including AP/Payroll, Billing, and the FP&A teams, to support each department and contribute to the overall efficiency of the Finance Department. This position will include preparation of weekly and monthly reports, balance sheet analysis, account reconciliation between systems, and internal team budget oversight/analysis. The Accountant will play a key role in the annual audit and the budget process and assist the Controller with other ad hoc projects.
In addition to strong accounting skills, the candidate for this position will possess analytical skills that enables ‘going behind the numbers’ to ensure accuracy and detect errors.
Essential Job Functions
- Process “Month-End Close” and prepare monthly financial statements (GAAP Compliant)
- Prepare, maintain, and analyze balance sheet accounts/schedules
- Maintain the Fixed Asset Sub-ledger
- Support A/P & Payroll Processing when necessary
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports: Cash Projections, Company Margin Reports, etc.
- Prepare and oversee intercompany expense/analysis reports
- Assist with budget preparation and analysis
- Oversee monthly internal team budgets vs actual expenses
- Work and assist with Ad Hoc Projects as necessary
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting from an accredited university
- A minimum of 2-4 years accounting experience for a service company
- Proficient in MS Excel and have a strong working knowledge of MS Word and PowerPoint
- The ability to work independently
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Willingness to be flexible to accommodate business needs
- Sage Fixed Assets
- CPA not required but CPA or working towards CPA is a plus
- This position requires minimal travel
Please Note: This job description is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties or skills and due
to the changing nature of the job is subject to review and change at any time, with or without notice. This position
is exempt based on the FLSA laws.